• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ FUEL CELL...now a pump issue...now a split tank

Re: YJ FUEL CELL BEHIND SEAT....now a pump issue

How do you have the pump mounted, I know when I was researching doing it seems that folks were having issues with the E2000 lifting and supplying fuel, they were having issues with them loosing prime. I know a friend of mine with the same cell added a fitting to the bottom of his and runs Walbro pickups with the E2000 mounted on the frame rail. I went with a ring in mine and run a stock pump that I modified a little to get the pickup almost on the bottom of the tank. It sounds more like fuel starvation than to much pressure to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: YJ FUEL CELL BEHIND SEAT....now a pump issue

MINE IS ON THE RAIL TOO. NEAR WHERE THE FACTORY FILTER MOUNTS. I SAW PEOPLE ALSO SAY PUMPS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO "PULL".

IF THAT IS THE CASE, WHICH PUMP IS. REALLY DON'T WANT TO CUT A HOLE IN THIS TANK AND PUT THE FACTORY PUMP IN IT.

I THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING TO PUT PUMP UNDER THE TANK ON THE CROSS RAIL HOPING IT BEING CLOSER TO TANK, THUS LESS FUEL TO "SUCK" A DISTANCE MIGHT HELP BUT THAT'S A WASTE IF THIS IS IN FACT THE WRONG PUMP.

Re: Re: YJ FUEL CELL BEHIND SEAT....now a pump issue

I have no idea unless you pick up a low pressure, high volume pump like old school hot rods with carbs use, let it supply the volume to the e2000 pump. It would essentially be used as a lift pump.

Dropped from a drone

Re: YJ FUEL CELL BEHIND SEAT....now a pump issue...need advice

Sorry Guys. Its My "Smart" Phone. If I Don't Use All CAPS Then My Text Looks Like This.

Maybe Now Someone Can Help Since They Know I'm Not Mad And Yelling??

Re:

Lol... just giving u hell

I know a bud is running an online pump with his cell...I'll see if he can post a pic of his setup

Re: Re: Re:

drich394 said:
Lol... just giving u hell

I know a bud is running an online pump with his cell...I'll see if he can post a pic of his setup
That is the one I posted earlier, he said he didn't want to drill in the tank
Dropped from a drone

I Have Seen A Tank Premade To Take A Yj Pump Assembly.
If I Gotta Go That Route I Will, But I Have To Believe There Is A Solution To This. Ppl Run Inline Pumps All The Time, I Just Need To Figure Out Which Pump That Is. I Read Tons Of Posts Ppl Saying They Use This E2000 But Posts Are Old Too. Guess I Could Get A Pirate Acct,Revive The Post,And See If They Reply.

Sorry MDO, i Misread Earlier. I Didnt Want To Cut Huge Hole In Top To Put Factory Unit In. Id Consider A Bung Type Fitting Like Your Buddy. A Little Modifying I Don't Care About, It Was The Huge Hole On Top That I Want To Avoid.

So, Can You Get Pics Of What He Did??

I run a Walbro inline electric pump. Its mounted on the underside of my jeep. The pump pulls from the top of my RCI fuel cell mounted in the bed of the jeep. The pump I run is a 15psi pump to match my TBI 350 and never had a problem....I even run it with pre and post pump filters. I know that's not enough psi for your motor but they make higher psi pumps. I think the Walbro 255 is like 65psi ...not sure if this will work for your setup??...mayb someone else can ad more info.

THANKS For The Reply Sir.
I will Look AT Those Pumps. Hold Out Hope I Can Use ThE One I Bought Already.

I will get him to post his set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you check fuel pressure yet? there are 2 different pumps that put out different pressures.

heres the specs on my setup. I dont think this would fix your problem.
Im running an external pump from summit its similar to the e2000. On the inside Im running dual walbro pick ups that attach to the supply line on the cell. heres a pic of the set up

inside

Ranger11......Where Is Your Pump At? Like How Far From Cell? I Think Part Of My Issue Is Pump Needs To Be Closer To Cell. Im Going To Try That First.

I Can Definetaly See The Need For Those Pickups. I Will Have To Look Into Those For Sure.

Oh, Also, I Assume Those Pickups Have Some Type Of Screen On Them. If So Do You Still Run A Filter BEFORE your Pump? Im Wondering If The Big Ass Filter I Got (All Guy At Advance Could Find) In LinE Before The Pump Has A Negative Effect On It.

Have Not Checked PSI yet.

Its probably 2-3 feet from the cell. There are screens on the pick ups. I run a pre pump filter as well. I think you can rent a fuel pressure checker at advance.

I run a very similar setup in my Jeep. RCI cell, external pump. I did drill the side of the cell about 3/4" or so off the bottom. Installed a bulkhead fitting, pic below. On the inside I flared some hardline and ran it to the center of the cell as a pickup.
Outside the cell I run about a foot of hose to an in line screen then the pump then the fuel filter.

External pumps do not like to be restricted on the inlet side at all. I do not like to make the pump pull fuel uphill or through a filter then pump it.
An in line screen will keep the pine straw and lizards out of your pump and it will be happy.
A filter after the pump will keep your injectors happy.
If you find yourself needing a pump, I would seriously suggest going to an in tank setup. They just work better and last.

Most of all >>>Airtex<<< pumps are junk. :****:

Guys,

Thank You All For The Replies. As Of Right Now, Its Running. I MOved Pump To Rear Cross Member Directly Below Tank. Put A Small Loop In Line To Prevent Dry Starts. Added A Pre And Post Filter, And She Ran. No Idea How Old Factory Pump Was, And This May Be In My Head Too, But It SeeMs To Run Better Now. Better Throttle Response.

If Anyone Cares To See Finished Pics, Let Me Know. I Have To Button It All Up And Then Can Send Pics To Maybe Help In The Future.

Thanks Again To All You Guys!!