• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ lift!

What kind of shackles do you guys use? What do you think of the revolver? Whats the max lift you can put on without having you worry about a SYE?? You guys got pictures at all of the articulation that you claim is better? If I spring it over I am going for the RE for sure the was the plan but at the same time I dont want to use the stock axles and with the spring over it gets to be alot more $$$$ for the lift.. because if you SOA it you would need new, springs,new shocks, sye and shaft, etc. All that adds up real fast to well over 1k after the lift is done.. Probably the best way to go but the most expensive also..

I've never used revolvers but they look scary and I've heard they are a bad idea. IMO max lift without SYE is zero, consider it a requirement.

What kind of shackles do you guys use? What do you think of the revolver?[/QWOTE]Home made shackles that are the proper length for your springs. Revolvers are :rb:

Whats the max lift you can put on without having you worry about a SYE??
You definitely want a SYE, and you should go with a double Carden upper joint and point the pinion up toward the case. That keeps your DL angle from getting too silly and keeps your DL and pinion yoke up higher out of the rocks.

What kind of shackles do you guys use? What do you think of the revolver? Whats the max lift you can put on without having you worry about a SYE?? You guys got pictures at all of the articulation that you claim is better? If I spring it over I am going for the RE for sure the was the plan but at the same time I dont want to use the stock axles and with the spring over it gets to be alot more $$$$ for the lift.. because if you SOA it you would need new, springs,new shocks, sye and shaft, etc. All that adds up real fast to well over 1k after the lift is done.. Probably the best way to go but the most expensive also..

Ask Ricky Bobby (Brook) how the revolvers do if he is still running them on my old YJ. Personally I ran both lifts on my YJ. It started with 3.5 inch BDS springs SUA and then I went to crown automotive 6 leaf packs SOA....a world of difference.....and the revolvers get a bad rap I ran them for a few years and never had a single problem. But it is all how it feels to you and how it functions for you....:awesomework: but if I had to do it all over again I would run boomerrang shackles

Last edited:
I think you should get the RE 1444 front and 1445 rear springs and then do a spring over. If you still need room to fit tires under it then start triming the body.

I think you should get the RE 1444 front and 1445 rear springs and then do a spring over. If you still need room to fit tires under it then start triming the body.

Quoted for great justice. The RE 144x's are great springs. I'm running boxboy's old set in the front and they work awesome.

I dont know maybe it was just me but they seem to bind things....experimental process I suppose.....but I dont have to worry bout dat since I am running a rig with coils now:awesomework: It could have been that when I first started out with thoses I still had my track bars attached and then I got rid of everthing and started all over becuase **** just was not flexing...around the same time the Revolver shackles came out...so I just bought those.....I was still learning......still am

Last edited:
I dont know maybe it was just me but they seem to bind things...
Boomerangs don't actually "do" anything. Their only use is for clearance when straight shackles hit your bumper or whatever else. They could be shaped like Mother Theresa's left fallopian tube and they wouldn't change anything about your suspension geometry.

Boomerangs don't actually "do" anything. Their only use is for clearance when straight shackles hit your bumper or whatever else. They could be shaped like Mother Theresa's left fallopian tube and they wouldn't change anything about your suspension geometry.

AH ha...all I remember back when I decided to rip out the track bars and SUA lift with shackles and go to the SOA with revos it flexed like a sum bitch....