• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ vacuum line ???

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Over the years and many transformations this vac line got disconnected from somewhere from my 1990 YJ 4.2 blcok. Anyone have a YJ that they could go look and see where it goes? The line is about 3-4 ft long goes into the fire wall, other end unknown...

IMAG1328.jpg

Could be connected to this? Is the the 4x4 switch indicator for the dash?? If not what is this for? I can't find either of these in my Haynes manual.

IMAG1250-1.jpg

Windshield washer nozzles. It's either the one that runs to the back that would have hooked to a wiper on a hard top rear window, or the one that hooks to your nozzles that spray the windshield... I can't remember for sure, but I know that's what it is cause mine is cut right at the firewall and I keep thinking about finding a universal fit type bottle and re-hooking it up, cause windshield washers can come in handy sometimes.

:awesomework:

[EDIT]: And yes, I do believe that's the 4wd indicator switch, I think. Obviously it's not hooked up, pull it out and huck it.

Windshield washer nozzles. It's either the one that runs to the back that would have hooked to a wiper on a hard top rear window, or the one that hooks to your nozzles that spray the windshield... I can't remember for sure, but I know that's what it is cause mine is cut right at the firewall and I keep thinking about finding a universal fit type bottle and re-hooking it up, cause windshield washers can come in handy sometimes.

:awesomework:

[EDIT]: And yes, I do believe that's the 4wd indicator switch, I think. Obviously it's not hooked up, pull it out and huck it.

Ohhh the windshield wash... I always forget about those.... seems like every jeep i work on doesn't have them anymore.

Ahh that's right. Was there a vac line of the tcase for the 4x4 indicator.

I forget how the t-case indicator works, but on a YJ it would've been tied in with the vac disconnect on the front axle... and of course on your rig, that's long gone.

There was a switch on the original T-case that had vacuum to it...It would go from there to the CAD if 4wd was engaged.

There was a switch on the original T-case that had vacuum to it...It would go from there to the CAD if 4wd was engaged.

Yes, but isn't the one pictured the switch for the dash light? Maybe I'm totally off, it's been a long time since my YJ had any of that stuff, lol.

Damn...LOL... Ok who has a stock YJ? :haha: I would like to have the dash light work again.