• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ's on stock yota perch?

NotSoPC

After mounting the Sky YJ kit will the springs still be 3/8in inside or will it be close enough to use the stock perch? Just trying to figure out if I need to but new perches before or if I will be able to get away with it for a little while.

You didnt move the spring center at all. The width should be exactly the same as it was before you started. They will fit if you draw the springs out but you'll eat up bushings really fast.

sky sells the prech relocation kit as well.. I have heard of people drilling out the perch a half in back on the stock perch as well. If you just bolt them in you will eat bushings like a fat kid eats cake..

I looked at Sky's front kit but am trying to save cash anywhere I can as I am doing this ALOT sooner then I was planning on and want it back on the trail fast. I was thinking about making some perches with out U-bolt like the ones that the yotas use for the rocks. I plan on getting the YJ mount kit when I sell the Calmini kit. Until then I was thinking about just stripping down the axles of all the mounts and getting them ready to go in.