• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Your Great Idea?

Re: Re: Re: Your Great Idea?

Eddyj said:
Because the gear/stopper would only keep you from rolling backward it would have no effect on forward movement plus it would be just holding a button not having to reach or worry about timing a release

Ah, I gotcha. I think that would be pretty easy to make with a "driveline brake" type setup, just get a gear plate cut to sandwich in the driveshaft (or on the pinion of a Rockwell) and use an air cylinder to engage the spur catch mechanism, you could put a return spring on it to pull the catch out of engagement when the air pressure is not applied.

My great idea, a car company that designs cool vehicles that are EASY to work on! Think about the marketing to the gear head crowd and to the old school crowd that used to "change points in the drive way". None of this software programming, hidden trim clips, pop together plastic bullshit that requires special tools for every fawking thing.

Re: Re: Re: Your Great Idea?

TBItoy said:
Why not just use an electric line lock and put the switch on the shifter? If you stop on a hill you're going to have the brakes on anyway. And it works both directions.

On Toyotas I convert the parking brake handle to pull the brake pedal down, so you've got a hand brake to use on hills or for a parking brake

Alright If ya don't mind telling me how you do this I'd love to have a brake for hill and a parking brake instead of using trees or big rocks

Thank you sir I greatly appreciate it .... and now that ive read it you are a fawkin genius hands down best mod yet cus it free going to do it now bye bye

krackem said:
The 3 piece 14 bolt truss is flashemifyougotem killer craftsmanship bro
Thanks to you and midnight, got a build thread going for the buggy it going in on pirate. May do a build thread for it here too, but thats a lot to keep up with, will be working on the matching 14 bolt for the front tomorrow.

SomewhiteGuy said:
Thanks to you and midnight, got a build thread going for the buggy it going in on pirate. May do a build thread for it here too, but thats a lot to keep up with, will be working on the matching 14 bolt for the front tomorrow.

Post up a link so I can subscribe to the thread if ya don't mind man

Back in '95 I bought a new GMC Sonoma X-cab. It had a fixed, solid back glass. I wanted to make the entire window go up & down, maybe even power actuated. Nuts right. I never did but wish I had. I noticed a few years later Toyota started making them.

A motion sensor cat scratcher. Looks like a hand that plugs into the wall socket and scratches your cat when it gets next to it. Think of all the crazy cat ladies watching the infomercial for it. Rich I tell you! Rich! :****:

Re:

Mounts with the magnets on the flat spot or top of die.
http://m.harborfreight.com/laser-marker-93242.html
I ended up getting one for each die set and just epoxy them...or change out to stronger magnets. I now use the TubeBandit digital readout but they're no longer available.

grcthird said:
My great idea, a car company that designs cool vehicles that are EASY to work on! Think about the marketing to the gear head crowd and to the old school crowd that used to "change points in the drive way". None of this software programming, hidden trim clips, pop together plastic bullshit that requires special tools for every fawking thing.

i heard on the news the other day this is worst recall year in the past 7 years. i thought cant imagen why.... electric steering really why?? the damn electric throttle bodys piss me off too

I had a good idea back in the late 80's early 90's. It was coming up with a way to make your headlights follow the road . Have the lights turn as you move the steering wheel so when you go around a curve your lights your lights would stay on the rode. Now some of the high end vehicles have them. If I wasn't dirt friggin poor and had a higher iq back then my ass would be a wealthy sob right now.