• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Your Great Idea?

F-Bomb said:
Had a Subaru with hill hold on it but dont remember how it workef

My Subaru Legacy has this feature as well. Based on the reading the Manual on it, seems like a temporary parking brake to prevent you from rolling backwards.

Re: Re: Re: Your Great Idea?

June dog said:
I had a good idea back in the late 80's early 90's. It was coming up with a way to make your headlights follow the road . Have the lights turn as you move the steering wheel so when you go around a curve your lights your lights would stay on the rode. Now some of the high end vehicles have them. If I wasn't dirt friggin poor and had a higher iq back then my ass would be a wealthy sob right now.

Here's the modern day bad ass version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvPZ3H1Vm4

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back then I was just thinking something like headlight on an axis of some sort with some sort of magnetic draw to make the lights react off off steering wheel movement. I just worked on a 2013 BMW today (headlight,fender,bumper job) and it's hard to believe all the things that are on just the headlights. The technology on cars now a days is hard to keep up with. It takes damn near an act of god just to tear down a door to get one ready for paint.

Eddyj said:
I would like to research the rollback. What years? Anyone know how it works?
Honda has been doing it for years. Abs module holds line pressure for a programmed set of time depending on if you push gas, brake, clutch, or in case of a hybrid to restart engine in autostop. My ol ladies 13 accord has it and I almost stall it out on good hills. You have to go almost half throttle when you let out on the clutch if it engages. The car is cutting the throttle body off to keep you from riding clutch but holding brakes to keep it from rolling back. :wtflol:

How about a second shock that works as a bump stop and Limit strap? Mounts right next to your coilovers. Basically a hollow shock with a bump at top and bottom inside the body of shock. It would hand same travel as your coilovers and mounted to same bolts or right next to it like a bypass shock on a high end build. Would save your coilovers and you wouldn't have to worry about geometry of how your axle bottoms out.

Re: Re: Your Great Idea?

Eddyj said:
How about a second shock that works as a bump stop and Limit strap? Mounts right next to your coilovers. Basically a hollow shock with a bump at top and bottom inside the body of shock. It would hand same travel as your coilovers and mounted to same bolts or right next to it like a bypass shock on a high end build. Would save your coilovers and you wouldn't have to worry about geometry of how your axle bottoms out.

Like the concept, but how is that cost effective when a limit strap isn't all the expensive and have a lower zone in the bypass to use a bump stop?

That particular idea would need a bump zone of compressed air at the top to slow down the bottoming effect that would have to be sealed off so it acts only as a bumpstop and not a shock through the entire stroke.

Has your washing machine ever gotten out of balance? What about a tire on your vehicle?
Balancing beads work on a tire right? Why not in a washing machine?

I actually tried this one. It was inspired by a hoola hoop that found its way to my house somehow. I cut the hoop down it just fit in the tub of the washer. Then I added bb's for a ballast. Sealed the hoop and installed it back into the washer.
The results were not earth shattering to say the least. Maybe a larger hoop diameter or heavier ballast would have helped. :dunno:
Ended up replacing the washer a few months later so it may have been to far out gone to help.
I would love to see G.E. or Maytag bring something like this to the market. The wife does not understand the concept of overloading a washing machine.

Mortalis5509 said:
Like the concept, but how is that cost effective when a limit strap isn't all the expensive and have a lower zone in the bypass to use a bump stop?

That particular idea would need a bump zone of compressed air at the top to slow down the bottoming effect that would have to be sealed off so it acts only as a bumpstop and not a shock through the entire stroke.

Mortalis5509 said:

I was thinking hollow tube with an airbump at top and bottom, no valving just bumps. Cost effective, probably not. But knowing your not going to blow out a set of coilovers on a hard roll or bad jump would be nice.