• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

youth bikes and atv's banned

Stopped and asked Rainer Honda

about this..Mike that works the counter use to be a step bro, he said its due to the led paint, so basically all the bikes will be pulled and shipped back, then new ones will be sent back out with non-led based paint!!

****ING GREENIES!!!!!:mad:

It is NOT only the paint. there are tons of parts on bike that have lead. I'm pretty sure valve stems have to have lead in there for maching purposes. The brake cable/ throttle cable ends are lead. motor cases have lead in them, carbs have lead, the paint has lead. I would be VERY hard for them to get ride of enough lead.

What are they goign to do about cars? The back seats are meant for kids, I bet there is lead back there somewhere.

Also, they need to ban all water pipes. The limit for this ban is 600 parts per million of lead. An "acceptable" limit for water pipes is 2000 parts per million! try and make sense of that!!! We are all drinking out of those pipes.

Unfrickinbelievable!!! I served in the military and sacrificed for this kinda ****!!

That's what happens when you ****ers put liberal ass democrats in control of Congress.

Unfrickinbelievable!!! I served in the military and sacrificed for this kinda ****!!

That's what happens when you ****ers put liberal ass democrats in control of Congress.
Check your dates, this was passed by the OLD administration.... that would be Republicans.

The idea is good, but the limits and execution is just plain stupid. Especially since the amounts of lead we are talking about a kid would basically have to EAT the entire bike to get any sort of poison effect..... and he would have other issues if he had done that.

From what I know of this law, the LAW goes into effect like this year, however the requirement of MANUFACTURES doesn't go in effect for another year or too..... not enough time for them to change any practices before the law goes into effect, plus they are not required to yet....

Stupid lawmakers.
________
Rare diseases advice

Last edited:
Check your dates, this was passed by the OLD administration.... that would be Republicans.

The idea is good, but the limits and execution is just plain stupid. Especially since the amounts of lead we are talking about a kid would basically have to EAT the entire bike to get any sort of poison effect..... and he would have other issues if he had done that.

From what I know of this law, the LAW goes into effect like this year, however the requirement of MANUFACTURES doesn't go in effect for another year or too..... not enough time for them to change any practices before the law goes into effect, plus they are not required to yet....

Stupid lawmakers.

You're right about the date thing. The bill/ law was passed/ signed by Bush back in July/ August.

But about the not being in effect yet, yes it is. A guy I work with (I work around bikes, and people who know a hell of a lot about them, all day) was at RMC in Renton last weekend, and they had pulled ALLL kids bikes and ATV's off the showroom floor. The salesman said he doesn't know what Honda, Suzuki and the the companies are doing with them, all he knows is they came and picked them all back up.

I don't remember if it says anything about it in THAT article (I read it yesterday, but forgot), but this ban apparently goes for private selling as well. If you have a kids bike, you are stuck with it until something happens to this law. I also read in another article that it covers all replacement/ repair parts. I don't see how that could happen though because the repair parts, unless they are brake cables or something, probably don't have lead in them.

I think this is a perfect example of taking away our rights. Am I alone in thinking that? I think people will start to realize just how few things this ban will leave left for kids to have, and get reversed in some way.

Maybe I didn't word it right, but I thought I said that the ban on SELLING came in before the REQUIREMENT of manufactures to lower the lead limits. Kind of he cart-before-the-horse kind of thing. And I think that is what is pissing people off the most. That and its retroactive, like you said, INCLUDING private sales and OLD equipment.

I sincerely hope this gets beat down quick. First, IMO there isn't enough lead in most of these products to actually harm anyone in any significant way without massive consumption of exposure, and that's probably only if they are hypersensitive to lead compared to a normal person.

Second, what happened to personal responsibility (rhetorical question). While I applaud rules designed to protect from blatant safety concerns (leaching chemicals, parts that aren't correctly designed for their intended use/abuse), but I can also be the judge of the level of danger I'm willing to risk my kids to. Heck, just riding the things, never mind the lead content, can seriously hurt or kill them.... and is more likely to do so that the small about of lead used to make the headlight reflector.
________
INTERRACIAL TUBE

Last edited:
I didn't know about the manufacturing part coming after the selling.
I guess that would affect the parts that are made in the US, but most bikes and ATV's are made in Japan and Europe, etc.

And even if there were decently large amounts of lead on the bike, the kid would still have to be chewing on it for anything to happen to the kid... To my knowledge, the lead has to be consumed before it can effect you.

It is stupid, but if nothing else, make the companies put stickers on things that say it contains lead, and cause cancer in California. But I think so many products would have that sticker, it would be come pointless. If that sticker is there, and people want to but a motorcycle for their kid, they will know it "contains lead" and therefor if something bad happens it is their own fault.

yah i agree that they should at least do the sticker thing because this is extremely stupid. What would even make them think that the led on these bikes are even going to damage the kids? what a bunch of B.S. that pisses me off. :mad:

Stupid lawmakers.

I still hate democrats!!:fawkdancesmiley: