• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zook Stretch

NotSoPC

Does anyone know of a kit to turn a swb zook into a lwb zook? I was thinking about moving my rear axle back about a foot and the body to match. The goal is to have a back seat and still have the room behind it to have a toolbox while at the same time making it more stable on steep climbs. I want to split it in front of the rear spring mounts and keep the fuel tank in the stock location. Any help would be great:awesomework:

Nope, no kits on the market that I know of. You'd probably be hard pressed to find a company that would take on the liability of selling something that involves cutting the frame in half.

42swampers8.JPG

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,45579.msg1094641.html#msg1094641

That's just friggin' cool!:cool:
No kit that I know of either.....any body stretch to match the l.w.b. is custom...I've heard of/seen pics of folks who did this, and they used door skins for the side stretch as they have the same lines as the body...

That's just friggin' cool!:cool:
No kit that I know of either.....any body stretch to match the l.w.b. is custom...I've heard of/seen pics of folks who did this, and they used door skins for the side stretch as they have the same lines as the body...

Thats what I was thinking but was not sure. Kinda thinking about building side plates like the crushers for the TJ's.

Get another tub and fuse them together?

Thought about that as well.

That thing is just SICK! But that WAY more work then it would be worth to me. But still cool as hell.:cool:

Go to canada and just buy a LWB. zook.

Thought about it but that takes more money then I can spend. I just got some YJ springs for the jeepeater swap so that is first but a 97" wheel base would be real nice. Maybe build the crushers and a comp style set up with a detachable mud flap. :awesomework: