• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

zuki motor ID...

tomcat

hey i just pulled my motor and im trying to see what block it is...all it says is
G13R1 1298Cm what block is this out off.

I am pretty sure the first couple yrs came with the 1298CC version of the 1.3L; then it got bumped to 1324CC...this particular block (1.3L) has many different home under alot of their rigs.... The one you have most likely is the stock size block for your yr....:awesomework:

humm i was told it was the uther way.... the new ones where 1298cc and the old where 1324cc

but a crank out of any G13 will work?....

humm i was told it was the uther way.... the new ones where 1298cc and the old where 1324cc

but a crank out of any G13 will work?....
Hmmmmm.....Maybe I got it backwards!:redneck: (Lot on my mind...:rolleyes:)
In either case,Yes....Might I suggest www.hawksuzukiparts.com if you are looking for a crank. I bought a 1.6L 8v crank from them....very nice product, and came with bearings to match...:awesomework:

When I pulled the engine out of my 87 sammy to put the 16V in the stamping said that mine was a 1298cc also so I think you are right zukkev. Suzuki had a trend from really small engines to the putting the 1.6 8V in newer ones that were sold in canada.

My '87 also has the 1298:D, but it was replaced with a Jasper reman right before I got it, so I can't verify that it's the oe motor....Regardless, the block is interchangeable...:awesomework:

The crank will be the same. The head is what makes the displacement difference. :awesomework:

The 1324cc was the G13a, and was in earlier models.
The 1298cc was the G13b, and was in later models.
Taken from here.....
http://www.acksfaq.com/glossary.htm

On the drivers side of the block back by the bellhousing timing hole, you will find whether it's a g13a or b.

Last edited:
The crank will be the same. The head is what makes the displacement difference. :awesomework:

The 1324cc was the G13a, and was in earlier models.
The 1298cc was the G13b, and was in later models.
Taken from here.....
http://www.acksfaq.com/glossary.htm

On the drivers side of the block back by the bellhousing timing hole, you will find whether it's a g13a or b.

Thanks Man! I never took the time to check on this...:awesomework:

It seems I've seen the year somewhere when they made the change, wiki says that the g13b is a twin cam. :rolleyes:

This is the motor out of my 86. To my knowledge it was the stock motor. My buddy's 86 out here has it's stock motor and is also the big displacement.

samengine1.jpg

samengine2.jpg

The engine in my rig now is the smaller (1298cc) displacement, and from what I know it was stock to Bobby's 88(?). Maybe he can confirm this.

samengine3.jpg

I couldn't get close enough to the serial# to see if it says a or b (or xyz) cause the header is right over it.

Latest posts