• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solar Eclipse

In 1994 I remember standing between the high school and elementary school to see a partial eclipse. I will be taking my children out of school and driving to LBL to experience the "total eclipse of the moon". It is most likely the only one I would ever see and possibly the only one they could ever see at least in their lifetime or very least school experience.

Am I in the path? I'm West of Atlanta. And has there ever been one before? I've never seen one I don't think. Somehow I'm just hearing bout this. So it's gonna be dark during the day? Fukin aweosme. I'm sick of the sun to be honest.

lowbudgetjunk said:
You can see the partial all over the US......I will be at GMP

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Cool, you coming up Sunday or staying Monday night ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Sunday night through Monday. Leaving right after the darkness. Hopefully beating some of the traffic back home.

Re:

What's a decent place to get a dinner meal on Sunday evening? Sparta seems pretty close by.

They are talking road closures in Ga. and towing folks that park on sides of roads and hike up mountains. WTF?

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
What's a decent place to get a dinner meal on Sunday evening? Sparta seems pretty close by.

Yanni's (Italian/home cooking), el tapito (Mexican)

Or if you come to Cookeville there is a ton of franchise restaurants on Interstate Dr, or local places around the the square and westside "downtown"

Casey said:
Am I in the path? I'm West of Atlanta. And has there ever been one before? I've never seen one I don't think. Somehow I'm just hearing bout this. So it's gonna be dark during the day? Fukin aweosme. I'm sick of the sun to be honest.

For 1 minute and 45 seconds. Enjoy it.

Ironically, my old house is right in the path. Damn.

I'm driving up to Mount Juliet TN and getting out in the area up there. Everyone in the area is talking about insane traffic and crap. I told the wife we're taking my truck. I know shortcuts that yuppies in their minivans aren't taking.

I expect a lot of insanity for 2 minutes of fun. Definitely sounds like sex.

customcj7 said:
Ironically, my old house is right in the path. Damn.

I'm driving up to Mount Juliet TN and getting out in the area up there. Everyone in the area is talking about insane traffic and crap. I told the wife we're taking my truck. I know shortcuts that yuppies in their minivans aren't taking.

I expect a lot of insanity for 2 minutes of fun. Definitely sounds like sex.
Depending where you end up in mj, you'll be within 5-10 min of my house.

Kel - are there any places at GMP with a good view? Most of the park is wooded. Me and the old lady are going to go somewhere and see it, just haven't decided where yet.

kboring said:
Kel - are there any places at GMP with a good view? Most of the park is wooded. Me and the old lady are going to go somewhere and see it, just haven't decided where yet.

I would imagine up on top by the big pavilion, or in the big parking lot/dirt track area at the bottom is plenty open to see the noon-day sun. ???

Re:

I've never been there....just need a small clearing to see it

We are only getting 92% coverage down here and my daughters school is going to treat it as a rain day and keep the kids indoors even though I offered to provide them with welding helmets. So needless to say she is missing school and won't miss the eclipse.
Well that is if it is not cloudy, either way she isn't going to school

Re:

We are making kid proof glasses for my 3 year old and my 33 year old. Little tape, little elastic and a little paper plate action. Should make for a great 3 minutes

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
We are making kid proof glasses for my 3 year old and my 33 year old. Little tape, little elastic and a little paper plate action. Should make for a great 3 minutes

Post a picture please.

Re:

The Luke said:
Depending where you end up in mj, you'll be within 5-10 min of my house.

Where do you live? I may stop by if traffic gets nuts. :rolf: We're going up to Cedar Creek to hopefully hop on a buddies boat. But I figure 109 and Mt. Juliet road will be an epic nutroll. Time to use the backroads and hope the yuppies don't know about them.

lowbudgetjunk said:

Interesting, is that to keep them from pulling them off? I have a 4yr old and a 6 yr old and we have the glasses but the thought of them removing them has worried me.