• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Digital dash

tonybolton said:
...and you don't even need a cable for that. Works off Bluetooth when you plug the thing into your port.

I ran an old Motorola droid as auxiliary gauges on my Duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have to use data on the tablet for it to work?
Still trying to figure out oil pressure. I'm not good at computer stuff.

Jus buy this...

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AE.zAb9HASG31

And this....

7 inch Tablet Google Android 6.0, Quad Core,1024x600, Dual Camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,1GB/8GB,Play Store Netfilix Skype 3D Game Supported, GMS Certified with One Year Warranty,iRULU X37-Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073167CC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_eG.zAbZJ60T8C

Under 100$

Even one of the customer reviews is for the torque app.

467c537b6d3c99375764b244aa0d0a41.jpg

I bought the scan tool . I'll just wait till it comes in to mess around with it. Thanks, highjack over.

No problem... I just hate to see people over spend for small electronics like that.

I mean if that edge device was like a tuner or something like that I could see the price but you're paying all that money just for something that you just want to monitor is kind of ridiculous.

I am temporarily using my kids 8" tablet and putting just forward of my transmission shifter, basically just out of reach of my right arm. I feel like a 10" table is going to work better. To get the vital gauges on the screen they are a little small.
I also found that there are settings in the app for temperature and pressure warnings. It will flash the gauge at or past the trigger point. In have not seen it yet live just found it in the app settings.

wizzo said:
Thanks Tony. Definitely will be taking a look into this tablet route option.

No prob....I thought about doing the same thing in my rig, but honestly the 4 gauges already in it work and I don't like fixing what's not broke.

I basically just used it on mine a few times to erase a misfire code after a rev limiter fest and also to verify my mechanical gauges. My coolant temp gauges reads about 8-10 warmer than the OBD pulled data. Just little things I made note of.

Here's a pic of Jamie's (Mtnride)

We are still working on the oil pressure reading, but everything else works as it should. Cheap tablet and the torque app
d4b6bf793913f85e6280febe9dd27579.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

onetoncrawler said:
Here's a pic of Jamie's (Mtnride)

We are still working on the oil pressure reading, but everything else works as it should. Cheap tablet and the torque app
d4b6bf793913f85e6280febe9dd27579.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Are there anymore pics of this BAD Mochine???

tonybolton said:
Jus buy this...

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AE.zAb9HASG31

And this....

7 inch Tablet Google Android 6.0, Quad Core,1024x600, Dual Camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,1GB/8GB,Play Store Netfilix Skype 3D Game Supported, GMS Certified with One Year Warranty,iRULU X37-Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073167CC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_eG.zAbZJ60T8C

Under 100$

The only downside I see to going that route on a diesel tow rig would be not having the pyrometer for EGTs that ties directly into the Edge display. If there's a way to have that on the tablet then it's definitely a no brainer. You may be able to do a stand alone pyro gauge and still come out cheaper. If I had it to do again I would probably go the tablet route. Definitely for a buggy build. But at the time I didn't do much research, I was just throwing money away. #CHM laughing1

Re: Re: Digital dash

hokie_yj said:
The only downside I see to going that route on a diesel tow rig would be not having the pyrometer for EGTs that ties directly into the Edge display. If there's a way to have that on the tablet then it's definitely a no brainer. You may be able to do a stand alone pyro gauge and still come out cheaper. If I had it to do again I would probably go the tablet route. Definitely for a buggy build. But at the time I didn't do much research, I was just throwing money away. #CHM laughing1
If it is a parameter that is measured by the engines computer... Then it will be on the torque app.

Do ls ecm's monitor oil pressure? If so where is the sending unit location?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Digital dash

tonybolton said:
If it is a parameter that is measured by the engines computer... Then it will be on the torque app.

I looked into adding a pyrometer to Torque when I was using it. Couldn't ever come up with anything.

I'm new to ls's and yes I should have jd'd it. Thanks for catching my mishap..lol.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk