• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Digital dash

I think it could be possible to add an external sensor to OBD2, I know on HP Tuners people are hardwireing a wideband 02 sensor into the A/C pressure sensor. This is using a 0-5volt output sensor. Not sure if pyrometers are 0-5 volt.
One big advantage to using and Edge like product is if it is set to defuel or derate over a set exhaust temp to protect the engine. The Torque app only monitors and doesn't change anything to my knowledge.

Re: Re: Digital dash

tonybolton said:
If it is a parameter that is measured by the engines computer... Then it will be on the torque app.

It's not, at least not on older trucks, can't speak for anything newer than '04 though. It's just a thermocouple that you drill and tap into your exhaust manifold.

Autometer is on board with the tablet app, plus it has 2 extra inputs for auxiliary sensors (I could have used it for an EGT probe) and it will transmit to actual physical dial guages.

AirDrive OBDII module & app $200

For use with AutoMeter's AirDrive gauges and mobile app
WiFi connectivity to smart phone or tablet devices
Two additional sensor inputs for expanded parameters
Micro USB port for PC update
Supports up to 3 gauges

Read more at https://www.autometer.com/airdrive-wifi-obd-ii-module.html#3s25JKb35MmWiG7D.99

But you can do the same thing (minus aux inputs and "real" gauges) with a $7 ELM327 OBDII scanner and the $5 Torque Pro on any Android tablet/phone.

I don't see an option for using the tablet as the gauges.... instead it looks to be used as an interface to coordinate their gauges w the obd.

gottagofast said:
I don't see an option for using the tablet as the gauges.... instead it looks to be used as an interface to coordinate their gauges w the obd.

Looks like you are correct. The app is just for configuring the gauges it seems.

That's DUMB. I was thinking on say a Duramax, it would be pretty cool to be able to add traditional looking "boost" ,"fuel pressure", "EGT" gauges, and an auxiliary EGT probe to and never have to remove an interior panel.

pretty dang expensive too. with the gauges being $200/each...

wizzo said:
I'm planning on using one of these:
https://www.xtremediesel.com/edge-products-84130-insight-cts2

5" touch screen and plugs into OBD-II port. I'll make it removable for buggy washing.

Thats what we ran on AJ's EOR buggy after the LT4 swap. Whats nice is you can buy the add on accessories to easily tie in more sensors for oil pressure, trans temp, oil temp etc.

It'll only pull basic OBD2, it wouldn't pull the factory oil pressure as that is an "advanced obd2". So I had my buddy come over with his scan tool for startup.

I took the mount that came with it and it already has a nut so I tightened it down on the panel, came in and out very easily. I've run a dashdaq in my buggy since 2011, I've never taken it out for washing and it hasn't ever had an issue.

SBJeepn said:
Anyone ever rig one of these tablets to a rear view camera? It would be sweet for the kids to have it double up in that way.

Easily done with the Edge ;)

SBJeepn said:
Anyone ever rig one of these tablets to a rear view camera? It would be sweet for the kids to have it double up in that way.

Here's one of a few thousand options....

https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA0U031V5205?ignorebbr=true&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile-_-pla-_-Onboard+Camera+Systems-_-9SIA0U031V5205&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvcm41bvz2AIVwSFpCh0RFAMsEAQYBCABEgI2XvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Waffle said:
What about water/moisture & dust intrusion in a buggy? Seems to me like that would be a big issue with a tablet and the only reason I never gave this option much thought. That and shock loads. Aren't the rugged versions big $$?

A good case will take care of that. It'll seal up any water intrusion points and act as a suspension for the tablet.

If a tablet can hold up to my 2.5 year old boy, then a buggy is not problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-04 (I think) LS ecms will not have a PID for oil pressure readouts. Ive tried everything. i can get the app to read it, but its a negative number and doesnt change.

Cant get the trans temp to work either. :(

I do like torque pro over DashCommand though.

the_white_shadow said:
Pre-04 (I think) LS ecms will not have a PID for oil pressure readouts. Ive tried everything. i can get the app to read it, but its a negative number and doesnt change.

Cant get the trans temp to work either. :(

I do like torque pro over DashCommand though.

Well ****...I have an 04 5.3. and the oil pressure trans temp isn't working correctly. Anyone know using HP tuners to change to a newer 05-up? operating system will allow for the PID's to work?

**** mounting somethin....jus toss the ol laptop in the passenger seat. :)

c3e4ffb11746d5107da9387dd6517222.jpg

Re: Re: Digital dash

TBItoy said:
Do you have a warning light that lets you know when you€™ll blow the welds on your intake ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a newer car... They all use those push pin Christmas tree Fasteners now. :)

This is my first go-around with doing an email data log with a aftermarket tuner.

I was a little skeptical at first and was just going to run to a dyno but figured I'd give this a try.

We started out this morning and he couldn't even get the car to idle or start and I was getting really skeptical. He told me to data log starting it up for about 10 to 15 seconds and I'll be damned the very next thing he sent was perfect.

We're in the home stretch now and I just sent him a 10-minute Drive video we'll see how it goes from there.