• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

good luck on ____ at harbor freight...

i have a "grizzly" brand band saw that was not from HF, but its a hell of a unit for the price....

Caddishack18 said:
My dog might be interested in the polisher. Shes a short hair Pit bull. I havent got her anything for Christmas yet.

:eek: molaugh

Caught her in the buff

[attachment deleted by admin]

I know I've used over 300 of the 4.5" cutoff wheels, never had one break, unless the grinder was dropped. For the price, they are the best I have used, I cut alot of **** with a cutoff, even now that i have a plasma. Only thing I worry about is what they are made of, and what I'm breathing. The flap disk are garbage. They sell Norton flap disk for $5 they are much better than dewalt or HF, same with the $5 norton chopsaw blades.

I've used the hell out of the 4.5 grinders, some last a week, some a year. Just get the warranty for 4.99, and buy it again when you take it back.

Drill press has done 1000's of notches in the last 5 years, it ain't real straight, but it's still kicken.

One of the best things they have is the roto-head ratchets. 13-20 bucks at HF, $100+ from the strap on man.

draggbody said:
i have a god dayum "grizzly" son of a bitch brand ****ing band saw. That ****er was not from mother ****in' HF, but god dayum its a hell of a ****ing unit for the ****in' price mothafucker....

fixxed it for ya. :flipoff1:

draggbody said:
i have a "grizzly" brand band saw that was not from HF, but its a hell of a unit for the price....

X2 on Grizzley stuff. I have their 2 ton cherry picker and its the ****, fold up legs too. Since It has been great I bought a rolling transmission jack for a two post lift that has been nice. I have also heard good things about their drill presses/mills/lathes. You can pick up their **** for good prices on amazon, the the truck freight is usually fast and relatively inexpensive.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
3/4" sockets. I have not broke one --- yet --- with a 48" cheater pipe.
Huge open end wrench set.
6 ton jack stands
flap disks
4" grinding disks
1100 pound lift table
car dollys
vice
sand blaster
reel drop light
portapower
air hose reel

Things I would not purchase again:
Band saw
Parts washer
haolgen lights on wall mounts
air quick disconnects
milling maching, works good, just don't use it enough to justify.

this the bandsaw that you're talking about? Ours is like this but all red
97009.gif

Anyone got any experience with their Pittsburgh ratcheting wrenches? I just bought their 7-piece metric and standard sets with 20% off coupons for a grand total of $40 with the intent of keeping them in my wheeling bag. But the ratcheting mechanism seems nicer than the Craftsman ones I keep at my shop and the overall quality seems just as good. I'm wondering if the Craftsmans should be the ones I put in the buggy tool bag?

patooyee said:
Anyone got any experience with their Pittsburgh ratcheting wrenches? I just bought their 7-piece metric and standard sets with 20% off coupons for a grand total of $40 with the intent of keeping them in my wheeling bag. But the ratcheting mechanism seems nicer than the Craftsman ones I keep at my shop and the overall quality seems just as good. I'm wondering if the Craftsmans should be the ones I put in the buggy tool bag?

I have had a set of them for a couple years, only one I have stripped was the 3/8s. Was over doing it with some brake bleeders, the 9/16 & 1/2 have stood up to some good abuse. Mine are the older ones with a flip leaver that changes directions and they are starting to hang a bit, I just got a set of the metrics that you just turn over to go the other way. There flat so not as easy on the knuckles, but I like not having to fool with the lever.

I have bought a few of there 4 drawer carts. The slides are ball bearing, the drawers are plenty heavy.The box is solid, I am real happy with them. They are about $130.00 and sometime on sale for less.

I have the ratcheting wrenches I have only had problems with my 1/2 in but was using a little extra leverage. My big problem is I never realized how popular an 11/16 wrench was until I bought that set and it doesn't have one.

I bought one of the 53" roller cabinets last time they were on sale. It's a heck of a tool box for the money. Now I just need to watch for the top box to go on sale. I also need to get one of the carts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bronco Buster said:
I have the ratcheting wrenches I have only had problems with my 1/2 in but was using a little extra leverage. My big problem is I never realized how popular an 11/16 wrench was until I bought that set and it doesn't have one.

Yeah, I noticed that the instant I brought it home. I figure I can just buy a Craftsman 11/16 single since HF doesn't sell them. But you're right, 11/16 is very common for -6 fittings, which is 90% of all fittings on my rig.

Re: Re: good luck on ____ at harbor freight...

3 ton floor jack, 4 drawer flip up top rolling toolbox/car with ball bearing drawers, hell yea, can't beat em. Bought a 7" electric grinder also, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Next thing on my list is an electric impact driver.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Re: Re: good luck on ____ at harbor freight...

All of my sockets just about it are harbor frieght and havent let me down impact and regular.

Ive got a bench vice, jack stands, floor jack, creeper, all sorts of stuff with no complaints atall.

Only thing ive experienced bad was grinding disk exploding luckly no injuries and broken a few screwdrivers (I dont think they were designed to be hit with a hammer anyways lol)

My favorite place to visit and northern tool pretty much the same. Im not a professional mechanic their stuff is just fine for me

John G said he doesn't like the bandsaw, but I disagree.

I got one and put a new blade on it, took some time and tweaked a few things and now I hardly ever touch my chop saw. Can also run it verticle and its great for making one off brackets and tabs.