• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grayrock

patooyee

It has been years since I've been, was very much looking forward to going at the end of March for the SRRS ride. But I have heard from some who went on the private ride last weekend that the trails are now very limited / reduced as a result of the mining. They mentioned that 160 Loop, Cable Hill, and Tub Rock are pretty much all that are left. Is this true? I'll have everything from stock Jeeps to wild buggies coming with me and if there is no longer an abundance of trails for us all I think we would prefer to move to another venue. No offense intended to Tony or anyone else close to the land. I understand why the mining operation is there, I would do the same with my land if I was sitting on top of that much ore.

Gray Rock has always been more of an "obstacle" park. There is a good amount of trail riding and side hills off of the 160 loop. I believe JohnG posted a fairly accurate map of what's left in the HL ride thread. Still a good weekends worth of hill killin and trail riding. Imo

You really can't ride it in a day.... it still has more miles of trails than some... most of these people who say there is nothing left either have skyhigh expectations or have no clue where the trails are, period

I was there for the private ride and only rode 1 day. There was several obstacles there that I was not able to wheel. Of course a lot of folks broke/rolled in our group... but still. Lots of damn riding left, whoever said that is :gay:

I don't know how long it's been since you been to an SRRS event, but the last couple I went to, there were so many damn people I had enough and vowed never to go to another one. Being that cable hill will be ran and it's fame on Youtube, I'm willing to bet there will be 9 million people there....so given that, you will not be able to wheel at a fast enough pace to run out of **** to hit (provided the 160 side is open for that ride). More than a day's worth of riding there.

I'm expecting tons of people. I may use the race as an opportunity to go get riding done without everyone on the trails. I would normally steer clear of such a huge event but its so rare that I get to go to GR that I have to go when I can. In a way I was kind of hoping everyone would say "Yeah, not worth going anymore," so then I could have an excuse to go somewhere away form the crowds. It is what it is though.

End of March you mean....

There are good maps posted in the HL ride thread.

I fully expect there to be one million people on the trails that weekend and to not be able to actually ride much.

If you want your group to be able to ride and pretty much have a park to yourselves, come to GMP.

On a regular weekend, there are normally less than a dozen other people there. Oh and night riding.

1f1706ccc95dbdde38924869dddcdad5.jpg

OK, so:

pink = no longer exists
yellow = no night riding
no highlight = fair game

Correct?

What's the story with the back section to the top in the pic / right of the map? Is there a new access road to get there since it is cut off by mining on that map?

Our group planned on goin to the SRRS event at gray Rock because like yall have said there not open to the public but a couple times a year and one of our favorite places to ride. Always went to the fall for all and all that. But there will be so many ppl there it not worth it to us to fight the crowd. So we plan on goin the weekend of the dirt riot race as we went to it this past year and there was not many there at all and got to enjoy all the riding we wanted without a cluster ****. Love this park tho! I can watch the buggies on YouTube. Rather do some riding! :****:

patooyee said:
What's the story with the back section to the top in the pick / right of the map? Is there a new access road to get there since it is cut off by mining on that map?

Have to hit the paved public road to get to the 160. It is going to be a good ride.

85toyo said:
I could be wrong but I think night riding was only allowed for the private ride.

I know last year when we went to the dirt riot race Keith was driving around rounding ppl up right at dark and was told we couldn't ride at night.

theres also a dirt riot race there on May 2nd so it will be open then, last year there wasnt very many people there riding

muddinmetal said:
Cops don't give a ****!!!! And that side is the best part of the park imo

The SRRS ride will have hundreds of rigs probably. No one is going to care that they are just driving up and down the public paved road all weekend? Has anyone even confirmed that section of the park will be open? I wouldn't be surprised if they had to close it for this very reason. 50 rigs is one thing. Hundreds is another.

Latest posts