• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Grayrock

There's plenty left to ride at Grayrock... judging from what it was like when we were there, last November.

Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm biased, but a race weekend is the weekend that I'd want to go to a park... especially one that is otherwise closed to the public.

Here's my thought process:
-$25 for the weekend
-While the race is happening, the only trails that will be closed are those that the race is being run on. This means, open trails for those not interested in the racing
-Since there is likely a crowd coming to watch the race, that will mean other things will likely be there - Food vendors, off-road related companies booths, off-road shop booths, Series sponsors booths, ect... that wouldn't otherwise be there
-some of the most awesome rigs will be there to checkout - I like look at what other people have done and if I like it I try to see if I can apply it to my rig or just drool over it
-all the drivers are pretty much SUPER cool and laid back. They'll talk to anyone, anytime... and are very approachable. Instead of just watching what they do, you can actually walk up to them and talk with them/ask them questions... and that to me is cool.
-the option to watch these rigs compete in real life if you so choose... It's not everyday you can go to an offroad park and watch 30-40+ of the baddest rigs attack a hill.

patooyee said:
I thought the race was Sat.?
Yes sir race is Saturday but I figure there won't be much time afterwards to ride so we are staying an extra day to do some riding

NTIDWELL said:
Yes sir race is Saturday but I figure there won't be much time afterwards to ride so we are staying an extra day to do some riding

Oh. Many in my group will probably be leaving Sun. morning. I don't know what my plan is. I personally would rather ride during the race but I am bringing my brother in law who has never seen a race before. We're getting there around lunch on Fri. and plan to ride then, too. Probably very little if any riding will be done on Sun. for us. Plus, I'm boring now. I'm an old man wheeler, need to keep the buggy and myself in one piece, got more important things to do than work on it and recover.

Y'all should plan to ride Sunday. You will have the park to yourselves and have a blast. To leave on Sunday morning on a race weekend IMO is short changing yourself. Make it worth your while. Only 5 hours home, so no problem getting to work Monday, even if you left when it closes (think 5PM). Don't be a *****.

I would stay with you, but I can't be late for vacation :fish:

JohnG said:
Y'all should plan to ride Sunday. You will have the park to yourselves and have a blast. To leave on Sunday morning on a race weekend IMO is short changing yourself. Make it worth your while. Only 5 hours home, so no problem getting to work Monday, even if you left when it closes (think 5PM). Don't be a *****.

I would stay with you, but I can't be late for vacation :fish:
So what time are we leaving MR John? I'm sure you don't remember telling me but I will be ready to go! Hahaha :dblthumb:

Patooyee,
Before you go be sure and p.m. Kevin.. He will walk you through The correct way up Bunny slope, I think that's where he tried his wall ride. Hahaha. That's one funny mofo there. Kind of unpredictable that guy! Hahah

Kind of off subject, bit I have not been to Grayrock in over ten years. Is there still plenty of room for camping? Best I remember there was about 4 or 5 times the parking space as there is at Morris Mountain. We have reservations at the Microtel, but we were talking last night and thought it would be a better experience to camp the weekend like we usually do at RBD and Shamrock run. Thoughts?

kushKrawlin said:
There's enough room to have a Woodstock concert out there!!

Thanks Kush, That's what I remembered but back then. I think we will opt for camping, it will be closer to the action.

Latest posts