• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hotels

June dog

Any good hotels in Murfreesboro to? Have to be there 8 o'clock on sat morning and don't want to drive 3 1/2 hrs that morning.

June dog said:
Any good hotels in Murfreesboro to? Have to be there 8 o'clock on sat morning and don't want to drive 3 1/2 hrs that morning.

Over near what is called The Avenue (off Medical Center Parkway) is where the nicer hotels would be located. Never stayed in one here but that's where I'd recommend looking.

Medical Center area is best. Don't stay at the ones on Church St, exit 81. A lot of drugs, hookers and trash (unless you're into that sort of thing...)

JRowe said:
Medical Center area is best. Don't stay at the ones on Church St, exit 81. A lot of drugs, hookers and trash (unless you're into that sort of thing...)
:woot: I know where I'm going on vacation next year!

JRowe said:

Well this sucks!! That's the area my wife booked us one at. We may have to cancel and look else where. This is just one more reason this forum rocks. It doesn't matter what the the question is, there's always someone that can give you good advise.

June dog said:
Well this sucks!! That's the area my wife booked us one at. We may have to cancel and look else where. This is just one more reason this forum rocks. It doesn't matter what the the question is, there's always someone that can give you good advise.

Which one is it. Some are a little better?

June dog said:
Americas best inn and suits.

That one is not totally terrible. I've stayed there in the past, but was just crashing after a party so I didn't have to drive home :drinkers:

It's really a mindset. If just want a cheapish place to crash for the night (like after a day of wheeling) its ok. If you are looking for something nicer to hang with the wife drink some wine and hope to do some butt stuff, look a few exits up the road. But get ready to spend more $.

JRowe said:
That one is not totally terrible. I've stayed there in the past, but was just crashing after a party so I didn't have to drive home :drinkers:

It's really a mindset. If just want a cheapish place to crash for the night (like after a day of wheeling) its ok. If you are looking for something nicer to hang with the wife drink some wine and hope to do some butt stuff, look a few exits up the road. But get ready to spend more $.

I guess we'll try it out. It's just for one night. I might find one of those night ladies and price some of that butt stuff you speak of.

As long as your not at the Crestwood... I had to book there about a year and a half ago for 3 nights. I thought I was going to die before it was over. NRA was in Nashville and a bunch of other stuff so all the hotels in the area that weren't super high were booked solid. Bugs, drugs, and loud domestic violence all around. I curled up in my sleeping bag on the bed with my pistol and could barely sleep. Worst stay ever.

When I played in a band, we stayed at Americas Best, all the time, it is owned buy a fella Named Nick Patel so it can smell of curry :woot: :woot: really though its not bad, I would ask for a room on the second floor, on the interstate side. They always seemed nicer to me.

dwa2469 said:
When I played in a band, we stayed at Americas Best, all the time, it is owned buy a fella Named Nick Patel so it can smell of curry :woot: :woot: really though its not bad, I would ask for a room on the second floor, on the interstate side. They always seemed nicer to me.

Ha, every low rent hotel in Tuscaloosa is run by a Mr. Patel

Every thing in somerset is owned by a Patel. They bought every liquor store. Own 95% of the gas stations. And most of the hotels

The Patel surname is most commonly of Indian (Gujarati) origin. The Hindu surname translates originally as "headman" or "village chief." It can also mean "farmer" from the Gujarati word pat or patlikh, for the owner/tenant of a piece of land. You are just staying in Mr Patel's village.

JRowe said:
A lot of drugs, hookers and trash (unless you're into that sort of thing...)

I had no idea of what a party town Murfeesboro was. When I was training for my job right out of college, we would have week long meetings in LaVergne and end up going to Murfeesboro at night. It is a college town to the core in the right places. There were some mildly fun nights and one particular epic night that I still catch grief about when I see folks I trained with.

money_pit_yj said:
The Patel surname is most commonly of Indian (Gujarati) origin. The Hindu surname translates originally as "headman" or "village chief." It can also mean "farmer" from the Gujarati word pat or patlikh, for the owner/tenant of a piece of land. You are just staying in Mr Patel's village.

I had no idea of what a party town Murfeesboro was. When I was training for my job right out of college, we would have week long meetings in LaVergne and end up going to Murfeesboro at night. It is a college town to the core in the right places. There were some mildly fun nights and one particular epic night that I still catch grief about when I see folks I trained with.

It is closer to the college. This area is right off the interstate with nothing really exciting around. Several low rent hotels, which draws the construction worker, drug dealers etc. I've got some cop buddies that tell stories of all the drug busts they do in that area of hotels.. The one June Dog isn't as bad as the others, but definitely not "nice"

June dog said:
Every thing in somerset is owned by a Patel. They bought every liquor store. Own 95% of the gas stations. And most of the hotels

Most of your cheaper chain hotels are owned by a "Patel", over the last 4 to 5 years you're also beginning to see them pop up in the ownership of nicer hotels as well.

money_pit_yj said:

Had a handful of Patel's in several of my college classes. One day I asked why they all had the same last name, but no relation. The explanation given was that when they come to the US, they can either elect to keep their given last name (likely not pronounceable by Americans) or change last name to something more common. So to them, Patel is the equivalent of the last name of Smith to the Americans.

Not sure if that is 100% the ways things are, but that was how it was explained to me by a Patel.