• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hotels

ridered3 said:
Had a handful of Patel's in several of my college classes. One day I asked why they all had the same last name, but no relation. The explanation given was that when they come to the US, they can either elect to keep their given last name (likely not pronounceable by Americans) or change last name to something more common. So to them, Patel is the equivalent of the last name of Smith to the Americans.

Not sure if that is 100% the ways things are, but that was how it was explained to me by a Patel.

Yep, I got the same explanation (of course the same Patels probably told us that)

I spend 3 nights every other week @ the Courtyard Marriott in Brentwood. Decent place in a nice area, about $150/night. Not terribly far from Murfreesboro.

ridered3 said:
Had a handful of Patel's in several of my college classes. One day I asked why they all had the same last name, but no relation. The explanation given was that when they come to the US, they can either elect to keep their given last name (likely not pronounceable by Americans) or change last name to something more common. So to them, Patel is the equivalent of the last name of Smith to the Americans.

Not sure if that is 100% the ways things are, but that was how it was explained to me by a Patel.

That is almost exactly what I was told today. . Heard it from a white guy that's usually full of useless knowledge.

ridered3 said:

TBItoy said:
Yep, I got the same explanation (of course the same Patels probably told us that)

I asked a few and was told the same, this was Alabama, but could have been some of the same ones.

money_pit_yj said:
I just googled what does Patel mean and copied it. Now I'm fixing to get made fun of for using google :mad:

Attachments

• first-day-of-fall-2015-northern-hemisphere-6003706315145216-hp.gif
    first-day-of-fall-2015-northern-hemisphere-6003706315145216-hp.gif
    72.2 KB · Views: 217
June dog said:
That is almost exactly what I was told today. . Heard it from a white guy that's usually full of useless knowledge.

Have we met/talked today??? My wife always says I'm full of useless information...

The patels that own the hotel near hawk pride are pretty nice. Oddly there are about 10 of them? :dunno:

money_pit_yj said:
I just googled what does Patel mean and copied it. Now I'm fixing to get made fun of for using google :mad:

I built a house for a Patel and was told that they do change their names for American standards and that Patel means "Inn Keeper' in their society.

Well, I checked into my little piece of heaven for the night. It's not a nice hotel by any means but it seems to be clean. I'll have to see how it is after dark. Now it's an hr wait at outback. This boys hungry .

June dog said:
Well, I checked into my little piece of heaven for the night. It's not a nice hotel by any means but it seems to be clean. I'll have to see how it is after dark. Now it's an hr wait at outback. This boys hungry .

Survive the night?

Yes, we made it thru the night. They were a few that walked around all night having a good time but nothing out of hand. After seeing some of the other hotels around I'd say we probably picked one of the better ones.

June dog said:
Yes, we made it thru the night. They were a few that walked around all night having a good time but nothing out of hand. After seeing some of the other hotels around I'd say we probably picked one of the better ones.

Good deal. That area is on the lower end of Murfreesboro, but the convenience to everything is kinda nice.

You definitely picked the upper end of the hotels/motels in that area though.

If you are looking for Mr Patel at the hotel next to cracker barrel off the Oxford exit he only works day shift. :****: