• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

XRRA Grey Rocks Hotels???

bentandtwisted

Which town is closer to the off-road park, Fultondale or Gardendale, isn't it Gardendale?? We stayed at the Holiday Inn express last year,there was an Outback right beside it and a shopping center being built across from it and I can't remember. Trying to find a cheap place to stay, found a Hotel 8 in fultondale for $53.00 a night, any ideas?? I'll have the two kids also and wife drinks tooo much sometimes, so keep that in mind thumb.gif

Mike when I go over there I either stay at the Best Western or MicroTel in Gardendale. If you call the Best Western tell them you want the Offroaders rate. They are always cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express. I would not stay at the motel 8, it is a shitbox.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=hotels&near=Mount+Olive,+AL&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1

Let us know when you get your final reservations where you're staying and we'll give you some detailed directions on the shortcut from 78 to I-65......if you haven't been here since last year they've opened up more of the new 78.

Here's a really crappy, easy to understand map of the turns from Mary Buckelew Pkwy.

GrayrockroadMap.gif

I would stay in Gardendale, both of the places BigSilly listed are your best bet. Both are close to the interstate and will be a 10-15 minute drive to the park. Last year tech was at the Hobby Lobby parking lot, which is right next to the MicroTel and 1 minute from Best Western. Lots of good eats around Gdale and even more in Fultondale. You will actually come right by the park on your way into town once you get off Hwy 78. If you need any directions or info once you get into town call my cell. 205-616-3844. You and your buddies need to stop by the new pad for a drink after the race on Saturday :eat:

Oh yeah, I have space to sleep one more if you want to stay for free...

Edit, my place is full I forgot my buddy Wayne is coming down that weekend also.

that mary buckelew rd isnt that where the trash dump is on not sure what the road is i take to the park but it has a dump on the right its closer than going thru mt olive

lal357 said:
that mary buckelew rd isnt that where the trash dump is on not sure what the road is i take to the park but it has a dump on the right its closer than going thru mt olive
Yep, that is it. thumb.gif

thanks for that link....again...LOL I need to make reservations this week.

I am planning on hanging with you guys after the race, if thats cool....how far is this from where you will be?

Brian

My place is a few miles from Gray Rock (less than 10 minutes either way you go). Should be a good crowd. I will give you directions at the race

Oh, and for the record Mike, it is GRAY ROCK, not GREY ROCKS :flipoff1:

Ok, just had to get that off my chest. Back to your regular scheduled programming. ;D

bigsilly said:
Oh, and for the record Mike, it is GRAY ROCK, not GREY ROCKS :flipoff1:

Ok, just had to get that off my chest. Back to your regular scheduled programming. ;D

Nolen told me it was spelled Ghey Rock.