• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'd like to clarify something...WARNING RANT

and Thanks Tyler. You're right, we all may die any minute, don't live with grudges.

As far as Tyler saying I'm a **** to everyone. Not true, only to the ones that will not get out of my face when I politely ask them to half a dozen times.
My condition makes me hurt 20 hours out of the day. luckily I masturbate the other 4.

LandSpeeder said:
and Thanks Tyler. You're right, we all may die any minute, don't live with grudges.

As far as Tyler saying I'm a **** to everyone. Not true, only to the ones that will not get out of my face when I politely ask them to half a dozen times.
My condition makes me hurt 20 hours out of the day. luckily I masturbate the other 4.

Eric, I really am sorry about whatever it was I did that night. I have been told I was NOT on my best behavior. I can assure y'all that I will not be drinking with Gary Smith again anytime soon...

muddinmetal said:
Eric, I really am sorry about whatever it was I did that night. I have been told I was NOT on my best behavior. I can assure y'all that I will not be drinking with Gary Smith again anytime soon...

LOL! I know man. I didn't even realize you were holding a grudge over that. You just wouldn't get out of my mouth for like 5 minutes, drunk, spitting every other word on my face...and a handful of folks were loving it in the background. Not until I lost a bid, did I jump your ass telling you to GTFO of my face... trust me, I gave you ample opportunity. you was drunk as a piss-aint! No big deal!

LandSpeeder said:
LOL! I know man. I didn't even realize you were holding a grudge over that. You just wouldn't get out of my mouth for like 5 minutes, drunk, spitting every other word on my face...and a handful of folks were loving it in the background. Not until I lost a bid, did I jump your ass telling you to GTFO of my face... trust me, I gave you ample opportunity. you was drunk as a piss-aint! No big deal!

Sad but true I'm sure... like I said, sorry man, really, but I'm still blaming Gary :drinkers:

It's all good, the reason I didn't know who anyone was is because we (SRRS and I) contacted each other through Facebook, all I knew was it was someone from their page. I still don't know who I spoke too. The reason I made this post was because they said I could post up my revised designs and then promptly took them down, when I complained I was told I had a bad attitude for saying you didn't own the rights to the phrase etc and that pissed people off. That in my eyes was settled between you and I when I decided not to use it. It was someone on SRRS's end that kept bringing it back up.

I'm not bitter brother, if I get to Flat Nasty next year I'll look you up if your gonna be there. thumb.gif

Plenty of things can be perfectly legal to do but that doesn't make them ethical. Business 101.

Example: Madram doesn't have a trademark on HERO shirts. But you don't see other people making them. Just saying.

Did you not read the part where I asked him if i could do it, he said no, and I didn't? There was nothing unethical about what I did. If MadRam found an idea (HERO concept) and capitalized on it good for him, no offense to Eric but what MadRam did is a little different than making some signs and holding them up at events. If he would have started making t-shirts or started to make them into decals etc. I wouldn't have touched it. One of my other ideas for the SRRS decals was to include the word HERO on it. I didn't do it, and if I was going to do it I would have asked MadRam just like I did Eric.

I don't know of anyone that bases their business on "hmm if I make this one person might get upset". I watch your vids and MadRam's vids and they are basically the same videos, doesn't that mean one of you is capitalizing on something the other already had the idea for? Lot's of businesses do the same things, I try to make different decal designs than what other decal makers I know are making, but that doesn't mean their not similar or unethical.

Yes. I know that is also a race team (I didn't when I made the decals) but nothing was said about that particular phrase, I was asked to contact MadRam about using "HERO" and contact Eric about "Bounc'em If Ya Got'em". If the Mash Yer Motor race team wishes to lay claim to that I would happily remove it from my designs. He would have to contact SRRS to remove their version.

As it stands currently these are all my current designs.

Attachments

• RBALL.png
    RBALL.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 83
Metal Head said:
Did you not read the part where I asked him if i could do it, he said no, and I didn't? There was nothing unethical about what I did. If MadRam found an idea (HERO concept) and capitalized on it good for him, no offense to Eric but what MadRam did is a little different than making some signs and holding them up at events. If he would have started making t-shirts or started to make them into decals etc. I wouldn't have touched it. One of my other ideas for the SRRS decals was to include the word HERO on it. I didn't do it, and if I was going to do it I would have asked MadRam just like I did Eric.

I don't know of anyone that bases their business on "hmm if I make this one person might get upset". I watch your vids and MadRam's vids and they are basically the same videos, doesn't that mean one of you is capitalizing on something the other already had the idea for? Lot's of businesses do the same things, I try to make different decal designs than what other decal makers I know are making, but that doesn't mean their not similar or unethical.

I was responding to the first part of your post- "Now technically as a decal business I don't have to do this. I did so because SRRS asked me to, if something is not a trademarked logo or phrase etc. I'm not violating anything, text is pretty much fair game in this business. That phrase in particular has been used for many things not just rock bouncing. Basically I talked to him about it, he didn't like the idea, claimed he created that phrase etc and of course being a business I pressed a bit to get my way, but in the end I changed the phrase and used something different. He unfriended me on Facebook and I moved on."

Most people don't realize how tight nit this sport is. It is different than any motorsport I have ever been a part of or seen first hand. Its more of a Family than a competition. Being that it is that way, you have to be a little more careful on how you operate your business. Just my .02 I won't get into the Madram vs. BK thing because that is a non issue. This is looking like it has the makings of another Adair Fab thread. :popcorn:

With regards to Mash Yer Motor, with respect to the awesome folk that made that phrase, I never made a poster of it until it was requested. I didn't even ask them, I was asked. And it is to cheer them on anyway... not make profit from someone elses idea.

Here's the thing about niche markets and profit: Don't come knocking on the door asking for grammas recipes so that you can show up at the next family reunion selling her apple pie.
Selling like that works at the walmarts, but not to a small group. This family IS your market.

Fair enough, and you'd be surprised how many people are telling me how to run my business over issues such as this. The bottom line is, business is business, I don't allow family, friends, politics, loyalties or anything else to affect my business. If I did, I'd be on the phone 24/7 asking permission to make everything I've ever made because someone might possibly disagree with it. Also should the MASH YER MOTOR race team like my design, I would provide them those decals for their buggy for free. I've offered 3 different guys free decals to put on their buggies if they'd mention my name if someone needed some decals made and was turned down. That's fine, rejection is part of business.

Here's an idea:

Sell "Mash Yer Battery!" to the prius crowd.

"Charg'em if ya Got'em"
"Who got dem D-cells?!"
"Does this car make me look democratic?"
"Hook Chargers"
"Quaran!"

Too many ideas out there... too many.