• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's STINKY!!!

under_psi

CROSS POST POLICE
here is some progress....this weather has me motivated like a muhfuggah....

really dont know where to start, so i will just babble a bit and then post some pics...

$$$ is the slowest part of this rig, followed closely by the fact that i have a hard time pulling the trigger and doing something.....that is partly due to the fact that everytime i have completed something, i work on another aspect and have to change what i had been working on....moved the fuel pump 3 times, battery, blahblahblah....

anyway, swapped the HP D44 out for a D60....79 HP ford unit stripped and rebuilt from the ground up with detroit, 4.88's, reid racing knuckles, BTF high steer arms/arp studs, R&R offroad flanges, 3/4 ton brakes, Alloy USA shafts, LONGFIELD 300M joints, forged 1350 yoke, and a BTF diff cover...:smokin:

also stabbed in some full hydro (no, not the sticky-icky) by PSC.....BOY IS THAT a TIGHT FIT....one note about the 60/44 swap, the car now sits about 1" higher in the front b/c i had to install taller tabs to allow for the height difference of the 60 coupled with the hydro ram....in hind site, i would have most likely chosen a single ended ram but hey, that's hind site and it fits....:homer:

also went with -3 HP brake line, i did't like the bent hardline and i saved a little $ over my original investment of the hardline, -4 hoses @ the joints and all the adapters for them....so that was cool that it worked out that way....

uh...ran the fuel lines...(FTR, SS hose is a biatch to work with if your tape aint got no balls....period).....

also, ran the lines for the tranny cooler...

uh, put on tabs for a roof (not pictured) will do the roof last when i can take the car to the guys house and have it cut on site....

interior is @ 90%, waiting on my aluminum welder man to finish reinforcing my dash that i built (i dont ahve a tig, nor am i learned in the tig arts...) and also he is welding my coolant overflow tank to the ron david radiator...hopefully this will be done within a week, and i can add tabs for the dash and get to stripping 'er down...

here are some pics....please, no make fun of my welds...i am still learning, lol, some are prettier than others, but i think that they should all hold just fine...:eek:.....there are a few more things that i have to touch up here and there (welding on boat side tabs and what not...

*****oh....

almost forgot....i corner weighed the car today....

cam in @ 3075#....i padded teh interior and underhood by a good bit with jackstands to account for the missing ratiator and warn 9.0rc...also put some inside the car to account for the missing dash and instrument panel, and also used a bag of sand with the fuel cell to account for the fuel....there are other things that i added for weight, but are not necessary, you get the point...

the last pic will be the scaled weight.....:grinpimp:

couple pics of the fuel cell with the added pics, thanks KULA for the link to those, now maybe i wont starve it going down a steep grade....

buildingstinky113.jpg

buildingstinky115.jpg

few random shots of the front axle...thank to jmhinescj7 for helping me set up the gears.......

buildingstinky154.jpg

buildingstinky105.jpg

buildingstinky142.jpg

buildingstinky192.jpg

here are a couple of interior and outside shots from today...i have been working feverishly to get this thing done....i wanna go wheelin!!!!!

gas pedal is not fully welded....
buildingstinky177.jpg

what dash will look like when it returns.....kind of, i made some changes...
buildingstinky188.jpg

startin to look like something....

buildingstinky194.jpg

buildingstinky197.jpg

got bored and ghetto tagged the hood...wil have flames or something soon...
buildingstinky201.jpg

corner weights....:eek:...lighter than i thought.....:smokin:

buildingstinky199.jpg

louis stinky is looking great keep it up i want to see it on the trail soon.....get it done.....

I like what you did with the floor. I remember when this thing was being built. Dan and Gaither was trying to get me to buy it when I got in the market for a buggy. I thought it was too small, but you got it goin on! Keep up the work!

That hood rocks. Sweet as hell. So when will it roll under its own power? Or am I pushing it?

InDaShop said:
That hood rocks. Sweet as hell. So when will it roll under its own power? Or am I pushing it?

hopefully, i can get a crew together to help me strip and sand it this weekend....then i will prime and rattle can the chassis and try and put it together the next weekend....

i will hopefully have my boy clarke to come over and help me wire that mofo over a couple of nights that following week...

i am going to spec and $ my driveshafts in the morning.....YAY!!!!!

Good work mad lou and just a lil under a decade !! laughing1

( Its lookin great man, get that thing in the woods bro !! )

The pic of the fuel cell, is that inside the tank? Is that a dual pick up for the fuel?

"couple pics of the fuel cell with the added pics, thanks KULA for the link to those, now maybe i wont starve it going down a steep grade...."

Where is said link. I have the same type of Cell just in alum. I have been wondering what to do about when I am going down hill for a long period of time. :dunno:

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
The pic of the fuel cell, is that inside the tank? Is that a dual pick up for the fuel?

"couple pics of the fuel cell with the added pics, thanks KULA for the link to those, now maybe i wont starve it going down a steep grade...."

Where is said link. I have the same type of Cell just in alum. I have been wondering what to do about when I am going down hill for a long period of time. :dunno:

yes, that's the inside of the tank...i am still concerned a little about it, b/c i had to remove the standard RCI -8 hose fitting and replace it with a bulkhead, consequently, i had to remove one of the washers that was on it b/c it was not tightening enough....however, i looked it over all really good and i really think that it will be fine.....

here is the link to them...

also, you will need to use submersible fuel hose....here is the napa part # and a pick...

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/pickups.html

buildingstinky116.jpg

i am a bit suprised no one has made a comment on the weight of it....it really came out lighter than i thought it would....

that's just under 3100# with a 2x4 boxed steel frame....

under_psi said:
hopefully, i can get a crew together to help me strip and sand it this weekend....then i will prime and rattle can the chassis and try and put it together the next weekend....

Will the paint of choice be rust tough since you are going to rattle can it? Make sure you take the time to prime it. ;) Just act like it is someone elses rig instead of your own so it will turn out nice. :flipoff1:

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Lets say that you are going downhill and the first sump runs out of fuel around it. Will it not start sucking air and the other sump be no good after that? Just wondering?

no, if you look at the screen, it is like a baffle once wet. and when it runs dry, it closes up....there is a write up on it and how it works on the site that i posted the link to...