• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jimmy Smith "STOP LOSS" buggy build

Well I got the truggy pretty much taken apart today. Here are some teardown pics. There are taken with a phone so they are not all that great... I will be shopping for my rod end stuff next week...Does anyone know where to start-easy people to work with with some competitive prices, let me know!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Cole for your service.Just have a little input on your steering,as far as quickness,its in the steering valve or orbital valve,mine has a 3/4 of a turn radius from center to full right or left.Don't have the numbers on it but can get them if you want,do know it is a charlynn,sorry for the spelling...Let me know.

Yeah I was just talkin to one of my buddys bout that quick steering at WOT. Probably stick to what I have already. Thanks BUBBA

Colt,

Thanks for letting me quote your Rod Ends! Cant wait to see your rig finished.

I thank you for your time of service. I have a lot of buddies still over...

Hope I can help you on your build.

Thanks again,
Jason

Ats right VISE! The chassis is already sold. It will be staying "in the family". I'm sure it will be wheeling again soon...

Alright everyone I'm looking for some engine advise. I am currently running a freshly rebuilt stock 454 bored 30 over with a light RV cam. I use fuel injection and that's about it. I am looking to possibly upgrade my cam and maybe my heads. What do yall think. Leave it stock and simple?---or tear it apart? It is pretty strong now and very dependable. If I did get a cam shaft for it, how wild could I go with out messing with anything else in the block or heads? I definitely want it to have a nice sound. I will be running jimmys headers. If you already have a big block set up that works good let me know. I am also tossing around the possibility of putting a different TC with a higher stall. I am running a low stall TC now and in my truggy it stalled from time to time. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!

Truggys gone...check Money in hand..check called up EOR and got my prices ...check
Called today to place my order for coilovers heims steering and bumps...check

EOR closed Mondays...sumbiatch!

Guess I'll give Matlock a call tomorrow and place my order.

Matlock took care of me on all my parts. I like dealing with EOR so far and would tell others to do so also. He was very helpful.

I have been working hard to prep my axles and parts for Jimmy..Here is a few pictures of what I have finished so far. COLT

[attachment deleted by admin]