• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late night crew.

twizt3dfuc

HL2OG
So I recently just changed positions working a 4p to 4a, Friday - Sunday, it will definitely cut into riding time but soon I'll move to maintenance.
So I was curious who else is working these shifts, I know jd and I can't be the only night people
FYI if you ever wonder where your chicken comes from here is a shot of the top of the incubators where I had an awesome water leak
213247c8b7da9190fe13c03e28b8f74c.jpg

48 machines to look after

Re:

I haul gas and go into work at 2 pm and can be there till anytime between 10 pm and 2 pm depending on the day. Never thought I would like a shift like this but it's really not that bad.

Re:

What do yall do to stay awake? Unless something breaks here its just monotony. Temp checks and all that. I ain't got that chicken farmer money but I make sure they can make it lol

I work 10pm to 6am 6 days a week. We make side gears, ring gears and pinions, output shafts ect ect. I usually dont have trouble staying awake. it really doesn't hit me until the drive home. Foggy or rainy mornings driving home are the worst for me.

I work swing shifts. 7-7:30 am or pm depending on shift.

On nights all this weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I hate working nights but I believe dayshift is worse due to all the bullshit that goes on during the day. Nights are just more relaxing without all the management and dayshift 8 hour workers that think they change the world in their time here. Its a wonder this place runs on nights and weekends without them

Ha, what he said^. I work nights when anybody calls in or takes off. But normally I work 1030am to 11pm 3 days a week. I work at a methodist hospital in memphis.

Rotating shifts for me,feels like I am living one month at a time,sucks... 3rd shift this month 10:30pm to 6:45am,next month 2nd shift 2:30pm to 10:45pm,then back to 1st shift for a month 6:30 am to 2:45pm... Get a whole 2 months of the same shift in December and January that's a yearly thing,I'll be stuck on 3rd of course but it's better than 2nd shift don't get to see much of your family working 2nd shift 2:30pm to 10:45pm

I work straight nights on a 6pm to 6am shift. I usually try to stay on schedule as much as possible. My off nights I try to do some night fishing or something like that. After a couple years filling like **** it will become the norm and you will get used to it.

14-12s and then Off for 2 weeks. Just an old trashy ass oil field worker. Bad part is I gotta fly for 20hrs to get to work. Ohhhh well a honkie gotta do what a honkie gotta do.

I work 12am-7am sunday night through friday morning, and get paid for 8 hours. Im a machinist so I stay pretty busy all night. We make really big water pumps. Municipal, flood control, sewage etc.

I do the swing shift 4 on 4 off 6am - 6pm and 6pm-6am not that bad normally feel like **** the first 2 nights but start getting youst to it. By the 4th night it's like normal and have to turn back around and go to day shift. Normally sleep about all day on my first day off of night shift so that makes your off time shorter. And I work in a steel mill also

I prefer the night shift myself, in the summer anyways. Heat treat is just a few steps away from my Dept and it's a hell of alot cooler by 10pm than it is during the day. It's a hell of alot less stressful doing a setup on a new part when you dont have sweat rolling in your eyes.

Re:

Been on 3rds for a month or two. Less drama....less cooks in the kitchen if ya know what I mean. Shifts not bad...but I'd rather work 1sts again.

Re:

twizt3dfuc said:
What do yall do to stay awake? Unless something breaks here its just monotony. Temp checks and all that. I ain't got that chicken farmer money but I make sure they can make it lol
:flipoff1:

Single night shift didn't bother me, probably because I was sleeping with my "lesbian" coworker, married I missed being in bed with my wife and waking up to my children or waking up to wake them up. I probably couldn't work nights again ever I guess I turned softie.

I'm at work right now reading this. I work 5-7 days 3pm- 11:30pm. If it breaks I fix it otherwise I'm just here for the ride.

Re:

I work either 330pm to 12am, or 330pm to 2am, depending on how much work I've got. I'm a machinist. Been on evenings for 4 years now, I prefer it to days anymore. None of the day shift drama and bosses watching me all the time