• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nova funds at risk again

I will be the guy with a black Stetson on (sawed off little phucker)
Please introduse yourself to me tonight so I can put some faces to these names...my real name is...Bill

I'll come and say hi. I'll be the tall and very good looking black man......My real name is Rick.:awesomework:

anyone going tonight have a 5/8 bolt I could barrow so I can pull this pulley off my new York :booo:

anyone going tonight have a 5/8 bolt I could barrow so I can pull this pulley off my new York :booo:

What length and thread? I have a fine thread 2" long with full threads and I have a course thread 2" long with about 1" of thread....

What length and thread? I have a fine thread 2" long with full threads and I have a course thread 2" long with about 1" of thread....

it's a course thread to pull a York pulley....all my kool man stuff wont be here till after Christmas :booo:

Special Session didn't take any of our funds. But that is not to say they wont in January.

Where do YOU think the NOVA money goes to?

http://wdfw.wa.gov/grants/nova/

Non-highway and Off-Road Vehicle Activities Program (NOVA)

Description
The Non-highway and Off-Road Vehicle Activities (NOVA) Program helps develop and manage recreation opportunities for such activities as cross-country skiing, hiking, horseback riding, mountain bicycling, hunting, fishing, sightseeing, motorcycling, and riding all-terrain and four-wheel drive vehicles.

By statute, activities supported by the NOVA Program must be accessed via a "Non-highway Road" (NHR). These are roads open to the public but not constructed with gasoline tax revenues. NHRs are found in National Forests and National Parks and include such popular routes as those leading to Paradise and Sunrise in Mt. Rainier National Park, Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park, and Windy Ridge in the Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument. Across the state, NHRs are used by recreationists to access rivers and forest lands.

Funds that support IAC's NOVA grant program are from two sources. First, is a portion of the motor vehicle gasoline tax paid by users of off-road vehicles (ORVs) and non-highway roads. Second, is the amount paid for ORV use permits.

Eligible grant recipients include municipalities, state and federal agencies, and tribal governments. Eligible projects include planning, maintenance and operation, and ORV education and enforcement.

Administering Agency
Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) http://www.rco.wa.gov/

WDFW Grant Contact Information
Kristin Kuykendall, (360) 902-8383, [email protected]

Funded Projects and Applications
A complete list of current grant applications and all projects funded in this program can be accessed at: http://www.rco.wa.gov/rcfb/grants/nova.htm

WDFW first received funding under NOVA in 2004. Two projects were funded: Connors to Forde Lake Trail ($100,000 grant) and Sprague Lake Trail ($61,319 grant).

Just an update and a question for you all-

I took two minutes to write an email to all of my local representation in office

Pam Roach
Shawn Bunney
Christopher Hurst

I just received a call back from Pam Roach stating she was absolutely against using those funds for anything that was not OHV related.

Anyone else get a response? :corn: