• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Perfect duel purpose

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
That would be a sweet ride and you can find Cherokees pretty cheap. Pretty simple to swap the tons in?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Lots of miscellaneous people in town thought it was very awesome.

Basically start off with some frame stiffeners from Ruffstuff and everything else is pretty straight forward (couple tricks here and there). I have a "go to" method for my 3 link up front that's pretty stout. Wheelbase stretch of 5.5" (107" overall). Hydro assist. Didn't really even use this one on the trails but it drove pretty damn good.

After selling off stock axles: $1,100 in XJ w/ about $4k in parts.

Re: Perfect duel purpose

EsPowell said:
Gregg old Bronco was cool. That was back when I was about 13-14 years old, and Southern Offroad was still a good shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved that thing and built it from the ground up. :driving:

SOR did a lot of work when Steve, Scott, Paul, Joey, Ginger, William and the others were there, nowadays is a bit different. Good ol days for sure.

The is the ultimate 2 vehicle setup IMO.

1) A daily driver FJ40 buggy/trail wheeling machine with backseat that can be taken out and used as storage built out ratrod style with an LS and go fast parts like an Ultra4 car.

2) Single Seater Hill Killer Racing Machine like Kill Shot but with rear steer.

nhl_bullitt said:
That is why I built this, but a couple months after it was done I lost interest and sold it. It was just one more thing for me to maintain. New owner drove it 5 hours back home with no issues though. loller.gif

That thing is flashemifyougotem

Would love to have that same kind of setup just in a Comanche so I could haul my dirtbike and not have to drive my 3500 everywhere.

FJ40 or early Bronco for the cool factor :dblthumb: This is why I keep (and will likely never sell my baby)

WP_20140428_016.jpg

065.jpg

Getting ready to put a back seat in it soon.

I have to agree with the Cherokee comments as well, my 98 Cherokee daily beater is the most capable rig in stock form(only a 2" lift on it) that I ever driven. It is an awesome vehicle in most every aspect (except gas mileage) The 97-2001s are the **** :****:

I'm a Cruiser guy. Cause mainly, they just plain work.
I miss this one. It was a better trail rig, than the silver one, which is a better DD... but obviously, I do more DD so...

11148852_10153323671397421_1710331095143699827_o.jpg

Madram posted a video of the red one burning down Bunny Slope at GrayRock a year or so back...

The red one is essentially this with a body:

12339222_10153742893327421_6490668664970052398_o.jpg

LandSpeeder said:
The Golden Corrals?

You know we aint got no Golden Corral.....it does frequent the beer store on them high doll hair stickem tires :driving:

Latest posts