• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Public Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say I plan to do nothing?

OK, if you are doing "nothing".....do you 'plan' on doing something to help this move forward??? I think you're splittin' hairs tryin' to get a rise outta someone. You know what he meant.

There is no actual ' 32" open/open requirement" Neil; It was a term locally used to guage the actual difficulty of some work we've been doing up there...again, there is no written 32" open/open thingamablob... In fact, there is some trail where there are 2 lines, one easier (for the 32" open/open thing), and a harder line, where my understanding is it is harder, how much? I don't know 1st hand...I was planning on heading up there today (sun), but things got in the way...:booo:
Anyhow, I do agree that the recreational immunity law needs to be revisited/amended....

LMAO... I was thinking 32" like how wide the trail was, I dunno what I was picturing. I got ya now, 32" TIRES and No Lockers right?

OK, if you are doing "nothing".....do you 'plan' on doing something to help this move forward??? I think you're splittin' hairs tryin' to get a rise outta someone. You know what he meant.

I'm in the process of deciding what if anything I want to do in the future. Part of that process is finding out what the intents of some people are and if they're credible...
I assume he meant what he wrote and I don't read into what people wrote like so many others seem to do..

LMAO... I was thinking 32" like how wide the trail was, I dunno what I was picturing. I got ya now, 32" TIRES and No Lockers right?

haha exactly. and again, its not DNR that wants to do this, but refer to the immunity law thread for more info :awesomework:

:redneck: yup...just a local term we use!!! D.D. knows what were talkin bout!:D
For a little while longer anyway.:D I am the guinea pig cuz I am open both ends and running 32's. They use me as the test rig... the thinking is if I can make it anyone can. However, in defense of myself, I can wheel a heck of a lot of stuff most open/open can't go and have even made it through stuff that at the locked rig couldn't...:fawkdancesmiley:not to mention I know my limitations.

For a little while longer anyway.:D I am the guinea pig cuz I am open both ends and running 32's. They use me as the test rig... the thinking is if I can make it anyone can. However, in defense of myself, I can wheel a heck of a lot of stuff most open/open can't go and have even made it through stuff that at the locked rig couldn't...:fawkdancesmiley:not to mention I know my limitations.

This taken with how shiny and nice yer rig is says alot for your abilities.:awesomework:

What I think may be happening here is the DNR is concidering all state trust land as theirs to manage. Seems strange that mark didn't point this out when I talked to him though.

Learned that the DNR does manage state forest land but there is still nothing that explanes why they're planning to manage the rest of the land too...
Actually the state forest board is the group who sets all of the DNR policies and rules....
It's interesting what you learn if you just keep digging and don't take what people say at more than face value...

I'm sorry but those bike guys are the biggest bunch of whiny elitist assholes I've seen. If they are gonna act like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds why on earth does anyone listen to them. Well aperantly as they are all ready saying we don't so why start now f'em just like they want to do to us. That was 30 pages of eye opening bs :rolleyes:.

I'm sorry but those bike guys are the biggest bunch of whiny elitist assholes I've seen. If they are gonna act like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds why on earth does anyone listen to them. Well aperantly as they are all ready saying we don't so why start now f'em just like they want to do to us. That was 30 pages of eye opening bs :rolleyes:.

I beg to differ. If you notice, not unlike this place, there are a few select whiners. I Have been working with some of the Bikers from more prominent clubs leadership up here and they are very co-operative and helpful. This is just another example of the narrow mindedness stereotyping that will keep us out of the woods.

One other thing that needs to be brought to the forefront in this discussion, is that the DNR is nothing more than a managing agent. Their sole purpose is to manage State Trust Lands. We do not have the "right" to use trust lands.

I beg to differ. If you notice, not unlike this place, there are a few select whiners. I Have been working with some of the Bikers from more prominent clubs leadership up here and they are very co-operative and helpful. This is just another example of the narrow mindedness stereotyping that will keep us out of the woods.

One other thing that needs to be brought to the forefront in this discussion, is that the DNR is nothing more than a managing agent. Their sole purpose is to manage State Trust Lands. We do not have the "right" to use trust lands.

I agree that it seems like a select few that keep bitching. I just posted this link to show how much they are liked by the Hiker community. Maybe it will open their eyes to the fact that they are called "Chainsaws" and are disliked just like us.

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7962050&highlight=p5000

No, he has a point, to a point. I can go several wheeling trips before running across a problem 4WD user, but I can run across a problem motorbike user just about every trip.

There are FAR more bike problem users out there than all of the 4WD users. This of course is the law of percentages working against them. (If they only sport 5% trouble users, those trouble users likely outnumber all of the 4WD users.)

What I haven't seen them do yet on any large scale, unlike us, is police their own. So while there are lots of great users out there that stereotype holds true when looking at the community as a whole due to their complacency. This is a problem the 4WD community has been working on for several years now, peer pressure, and even turning our own in when they break the rules. That is something that in my opinion, the motorbike community needs to seriously work on in order to be a team player.

Which is why I mentioned earlier that they need to figure out that their **** stinks just as much if not more than ours. Theirs is just smaller and conceals better.

Narrow minded stereo typing can you read!!!!! I read the 30 page bash the 4x4 thread and to say that I'm narrow minded with that thread is pure ignorence on your part. They stereo typed themselves. There elitist attitude about everything they do and say yeah real level headed fellas over there. I don't ever remember one thread anywhere on this or any other board that I'm on saying oh lets kick the dirtbike out of the woods they destroy everything they touch. Or my personal favorite was there call for there own "private" orv park just for them. Narrowminded huh? There are WAY more than a few select whiners damn near every post in the 30 pages did nothing more than to bash the 4x4 crowd. :rolleyes:

yeah really makes me and a lot of others want to work together to help them.

Last edited:

And this usergroup is no different. Heck we have more fingerpointing within a usergroup than the bike guys do. At least they all seem to have a closer mind set weather its right or wrong in our eyes. But we are working on and with them.

No, he has a point, to a point. I can go several wheeling trips before running across a problem 4WD user, but I can run across a problem motorbike user just about every trip.

There are FAR more bike problem users out there than all of the 4WD users. This of course is the law of percentages working against them. (If they only sport 5% trouble users, those trouble users likely outnumber all of the 4WD users.)

What I haven't seen them do yet on any large scale, unlike us, is police their own. So while there are lots of great users out there that stereotype holds true when looking at the community as a whole due to their complacency. This is a problem the 4WD community has been working on for several years now, peer pressure, and even turning our own in when they break the rules. That is something that in my opinion, the motorbike community needs to seriously work on in order to be a team player.

Which is why I mentioned earlier that they need to figure out that their **** stinks just as much if not more than ours. Theirs is just smaller and conceals better.

There are more bikes out there than wheelers so your going to have a larger ratio of problem bikers just because of the larger numbers.

But pointing fingers is just silly because we as a usergroup have done FAR more devastation out there than anyone else.

And this usergroup is no different. Heck we have more fingerpointing within a usergroup than the bike guys do. At least they all seem to have a closer mind set weather its right or wrong in our eyes. But we are working on and with them.

There are more bikes out there than wheelers so your going to have a larger ratio of problem bikers just because of the larger numbers.

But pointing fingers is just silly because we as a usergroup have done FAR more devastation out there than anyone else.

I have a friend /coworker who frequents reiter on two wheels.

We both agree, its not the bikes, its not teh 4x4's that are the problem..

Its the Quads.....:fawkdancesmiley:

The problem is the same for all of us.. get along, follow the rules or it will be gone!

:beer:

we point fingers at each other.

they point fingers at other all together.

I cant imagine what I could get away with in a plain looking wheeler and a helmet. much less personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.