• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re:

I have not had a dip since January of 2016. Hasn't bothered me at all until recently, and I still wouldn't consider it really bothersome. I just seem to think, man I'd like to have a dip....then I make the thought go away. Starting back is not an option. Funny how that works though. For most, the first time period after quitting is the hardest. I quit easily, but seem to think about it more now over a year and a half later. Maybe it's all the stress I've had lately, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I have not had a dip since January of 2016. Hasn't bothered me at all until recently, and I still wouldn't consider it really bothersome. I just seem to think, man I'd like to have a dip....then I make the thought go away. Starting back is not an option. Funny how that works though. For most, the first time period after quitting is the hardest. I quit easily, but seem to think about it more now over a year and a half later. Maybe it's all the stress I've had lately, who knows.

I hadn't had a beer since 11/18/2012 and sometimes I get the most random cravings for a beer. And A crown and Coke.

Re: Random Thoughts

Dude I know the feeling I dipped for over 10 years at least a can a day and decided to quit and I gave it up cold turkey it wasn't bad but I definitely had some withdraw and now randomly i will crave a dip like a crack addict hell the other day I was cleaning out my truck and there was a half empty can in the bottom of my center console which is at least a year old and I had to talk myself out of taking a dip from that dry ass can bc I know if I did I would start right back

jccarter1 said:
Dude I know the feeling I dipped for over 10 years at least a can a day and decided to quit and I gave it up cold turkey it wasn't bad but I definitely had some withdraw and now randomly i will crave a dip like a crack addict hell the other day I was cleaning out my truck and there was a half empty can in the bottom of my center console which is at least a year old and I had to talk myself out of taking a dip from that dry ass can bc I know if I did I would start right back

Accidentally Take a swig of dip spit from a 115 degree truck and you won't crave it anymore.

Re:

Sometimes when I'm drinking I'll get a craving for some Cope. I think I've bought 2 cans that way in the past few years. Do a couple chews and never finish the whole can and don't get the urge to do it again for quote awhile. I used to work for US Smokeless in their marketing department going to bars and concerts. I'd have cases of free chew just laying around so I did it quite a bit. When I got a new job and had to pay for my own I dropped that habit pretty easily.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Sometimes when I'm drinking I'll get a craving for some Cope. I think I've bought 2 cans that way in the past few years. Do a couple chews and never finish the whole can and don't get the urge to do it again for quote awhile. I used to work for US Smokeless in their marketing department going to bars and concerts. I'd have cases of free chew just laying around so I did it quite a bit. When I got a new job and had to pay for my own I dropped that habit pretty easily.

When did you work for them? Had a friend from college work for them and ended up making a semi career out of it.

Re:

10-11 yrs ago. Shortly after I quit they got bought out and the marketing was cut way down. Our job was extremely wasteful! But lots of fun!

Re:

onepieceatatime said:

That's like having a few beer and wanting a cigarette. If i have some in the garage I won't touch them. If i don't, I think how good one would be.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

money_pit_yj said:
Accidentally Take a swig of dip spit from a 115 degree truck and you won't crave it anymore.
Possibly the worst thing ever. I sucked some up a straw out of a taco bell cup that was my buddy's and I thought it was mine that actually had mtn dew in it... Gagged a little typing this, that is one vivid memory. Yack!

TacomaJD said:
Possibly the worst thing ever. I sucked some up a straw out of a taco bell cup that was my buddy's and I thought it was mine that actually had mtn dew in it... Gagged a little typing this, that is one vivid memory. Yack!

I gagged a little just reading that.

mdo817 said:
This sucks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You ain't lying. Sounds like for a while they just had 1 old guy working on them and he's either retired or dead now.

Bunch of Nacey girls with your dipping .....Now back in the day we had real chew, Redman long leave or Beachnut was my go to......Nothing better that getting that last chew out of the bottom of the pouch and it was dripping with raw tobacco juice...You could almost feel the nicotine entering your bloodstream as you tucked it into your cheek.
Or better yet you could always loosen a tooth or two biting off a chunk off a Cannon plug.

Yep..... Real men back then.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

ForMud said:
Bunch of Nacey girls with your dipping .....Now back in the day we had real chew, Redman long leave or Beachnut was my go to......Nothing better that getting that last chew out of the bottom of the pouch and it was dripping with raw tobacco juice...You could almost feel the nicotine entering your bloodstream as you tucked it into your cheek.
Or better yet you could always loosen a tooth or two biting off a chunk off a Cannon plug.

Yep..... Real men back then.
Dad and I still chew some loose leaf when were out bird hunting. Ever done real snuff? Like the **** ya snort? That'll wake ya up and give you a heck of a buzz.

I used to work next to an old snuff mill. The old timers who worked there remember on Fridays they used to run big vacs and suck up all the snuff that ended up on the floor and everywhere else. One guy told me he was taking a **** and had to lift up his feet as the vac hose came under the stall door........So No I've never tried snuff after hearing that.

I've seen a girl turn up a spit cup and do the insta-vomit thing......soooooooo disgusting. I've also had a passenger in my old XJ spill a full open coffee cup of that crap in my floor board. **** stunk for a month!

tonybolton said:
I've seen a girl turn up a spit cup and do the insta-vomit thing......soooooooo disgusting. I've also had a passenger in my old XJ spill a full open coffee cup of that crap in my floor board. **** stunk for a month!

I'd kill someone. Why wouldn't htye just spit out the window?? I had a dude spill cracker jacks in my jeep back in august. Was late when I got home so I said eh ill vacuum it out tomorrow. well the heat had melted the caramel and holy **** it was a disaster. it took me 2 hours to clean the floor board of the damn thing.

Re:

I actually went through a little stent where I would get a chew of whatever I had (Lancaster, Redman Golden Blend, Southern Pride, Taylors Pride, etc), get that good and balled up in my cheek, then get a dip of Longhorn Natural long cut and put in my lip right in front of where the chew was. That lasted a few months and I figured I didn't need such an accelerated method of tooth loss so I pretty much just dipped after that with the occasional chew by itself.

Re:

Also never had a cavity or any dental problems other than minor gum recession. I quit at a good time.

Latest posts