• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

nothing like running company wide sales numbers for an entire season and using the wrong dates :****: luckily it only changed the numbers slightly.

Man I wish I could punch photobucket owners in the face for killing everybody's image hosting. So many good threads are fawked all over the interwebs. Researching on Garage Journal and every damn image on some of the good shop build threads are gone. :mad:

There is a plugin for Firefox and chrome that had allowed many ppl to see the pics. But nothing for mobile browsing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Damn just saw a woman in her 70's that struggled to walk in yoga pants. Wtf. Old woman and fat chicks are ruining the yoga pant craze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"most" kids are ungrateful these days.

Was listening to some talk radio this morning and they were speaking with a private yacht / ship captain. He was asked what was the best experience you've ever had in your job.

He said this one time I had a couple....appx. 50-60 years old that rented my ship(100ft) for an entire week. They didn't want anything special, no special items, no stipulations...just wanted 3 square meals a day and quiet time at night. They interacted with my crew and every day our maid came in to fresh made bed and clean room. It was like our whole crew was on vacation. Such wonderful people. They had started with nothing and built their fortune in home renovations and fixer-upppers.

He was then asked what was the worst part of your job? He said, All the "NEW MONEY" people these days. People that haven't EARNED a dime and either inherited it or were just born with it. Never working a day in their life. They're all completely inconsiderate and have no concern for anyone besides themselves.

Slow Friday nights at work are the worst. The stepson is at his dad's this weekend, I'm ready to drink some beer! May have to burn some PTO and get out of here early tonight. Going to Chattanooga bar hopping with the wife, sis, and bro-in-law tomorrow night. Bring on the craft beer!

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

tonybolton said:
"most" kids are ungrateful these days.

Was listening to some talk radio this morning and they were speaking with a private yacht / ship captain. He was asked what was the best experience you've ever had in your job.

He said this one time I had a couple....appx. 50-60 years old that rented my ship(100ft) for an entire week. They didn't want anything special, no special items, no stipulations...just wanted 3 square meals a day and quiet time at night. They interacted with my crew and every day our maid came in to fresh made bed and clean room. It was like our whole crew was on vacation. Such wonderful people. They had started with nothing and built their fortune in home renovations and fixer-upppers.

He was then asked what was the worst part of your job? He said, All the "NEW MONEY" people these days. People that haven't EARNED a dime and either inherited it or were just born with it. Never working a day in their life. They're all completely inconsiderate and have no concern for anyone besides themselves.
That's the truth. But on the flip side, old money doesn't always support economic growth in their community, atleast not mine.

Around here there are a ton of folks who made a fortune in furniture and textiles during the boom. They would all prefer to drive to the nearest big city to spend their money and socialize vs supporting that same growth locally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beerj said:
Take away all their **** that they didn't earn.

Ok the boy that is practically done he has his tv and that is it.

The daughter is a little harder. She is in college and needs her car for that and work. Call me a ***** but if she has a car she is gonna have a cell phone. Was gonna get her a flip phone and can the iphone but then cant track her.

muddinmetal said:
It's too late :****:

Yep, I'd say it's probably too late for them. My oldest is an 11 year old girl, then 9 yo boy, 8 yo girl, 4 yo girl and 2 yo boy. My wife and I are trying our best to raise them to not be ungrateful brats. I'll admit it is hard when you grew up with nothing like I did, or grew up like my wife did....her dad worked all the time and they had plenty of money but her parents would not allow her to go anywhere or do anything.

If you don't start them young and stick with it I don't know if you could change them.

I have two daughters, when they were young I never gave them an allowance and only paid for what they needed, not what they wanted. They worked at a close by horse farm from the age of 8 for cash or riding lessons.
They did plenty of chores around the house.... Didn't pay them for that ether. In high school they raised 20+ goats while in the FFA... Plenty of times they were following me out the door at 5:00am to feed or break the ice in the water buckets before school.
As they got older if they asked for money, they always paid it back without being asked.
The one thing we did do for them is buy their first cars. Nothing fancy just good reliable transportation. Since then they both have traded up a couple of times and they both have new cars ( All on their dime )

About six months ago my oldest ( 22 ) Thanked me for doing what I did and the Independence it taught her.