• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

tonybolton said:
That's why I hate going to Sonic.....I don't wanna tip you for walking with food to my car. That's your job.
I stopped tipping at Sonic when they stopped skating it to you with a smile. Most of the time I pay plastic and there's not a tipping option.

I normally get drive-thru and take home for the fam, as they don't eat in my car. But I feel a little bad when we eat there as my wife/kids can wear them rascals out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

paradisepwoffrd said:
Speaking of Dr appts. Older guy I know, he will go hours early for an appt. If he's got a 2p, he'll be there at 9a. Most of the time he's outta there well before his appt time. I guess it works with all the slackers that are late or no shows these days.

The best way I've found is make the appointment their last one of the day, show up 30 mins early......They get you right in and move you right out so they can go home early.

Re: Random Thoughts

I remember making appt's at the Vet place....used to piss me off. I'd make an appt. for 3pm, show up at 2:30 and would SIT....and SIT....AND SIT....average getting helped time was usually 30-45min AFTER my appt. After dealing with this a few times I asked why I even need to schedule an appt. if I'm not gonna be helped AT my appt. time?!??!?!

Was told that "that's just how it is". Switched Vets.....got seen USUALLY 5-10min before my appt. times. Some place just can't do time management as well as others.

ForMud said:
The best way I've found is make the appointment their last one of the day, show up 30 mins early......They get you right in and move you right out so they can go home early.

There's an awesome donut shop in town that is somewhat like that. She bakes all the days donuts in the morning.....then when she's out....SHE CLOSES. If you get there 20-30min before their actually closing time(and they're still open), she basically gives you all of her remaining stock. I went in for 1 donut and canned drink one day, left with 3 dozen boxes and some oddball stuff. She didn't want any money, but I threw 5 bucks in her tip jar. ;) #canthidemoney

....and not to add fuel to any fire, but the Vets office that would never see me / other people on their appointment times was ran by a female. The one I switched to was run by a male. Jus sayin.....

I am not one to bitch, but, I just have to now. I ordered some parts from a well known manuf./supplier ($2800.00 worth) 8 weeks ago. I was told at time of order 4 to 6 weeks, cool. Well, 2 weeks ago, I was told, if not next week the week after. Today I contacted them buy phone, email, and facespace. Couple hours go by, I finally get an email that says, "we are working to get this shipped to you next week". Kind of the same thing I was told 2 weeks ago. 9 weeks is a bit long (If it gets here) when told 4-6 weeks, that's if it really ships next week. I was taught, "promise long, deliver short". Rant over :flipper:

Random Thoughts

dwa2469 said:
I am not one to bitch, but, I just have to now. I ordered some parts from a well known manuf./supplier ($2800.00 worth) 8 weeks ago. I was told at time of order 4 to 6 weeks, cool. Well, 2 weeks ago, I was told, if not next week the week after. Today I contacted them buy phone, email, and facespace. Couple hours go by, I finally get an email that says, "we are working to get this shipped to you next week". Kind of the same thing I was told 2 weeks ago. 9 weeks is a bit long (If it gets here) when told 4-6 weeks, that's if it really ships next week. I was taught, "promise long, deliver short". Rant over :flipper:
Name em and shame em, I hate that crap, tmi bead locks did that **** to me and I went to pirate and called them out in their own thread, old boy wasn't happy but he knew he was in the wrong, took me 6 weeks to get my kit, never again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwa2469 said:
. Northwest fab? They been putting me off one week at a time for the last couple months on a black box.

I once called and ordered a bunch of misalignment spacers / heims from blue torch fab because they were the only ones that had the narrow ones.

Gave all my info....thanks.....havem by end of week! Hangup.

I wait for my text message from my Discover card.....never happened. Usually occurs in mere seconds.

I'm like cool....**** gonna show up and be free! Friday comes....nothin....monday....wednesday.... next Friday...... nothin. Check my charges.....nothin.

**** it....call Barnes, here in 3 days. Had to cut spacers down but at least they sentem! Lol

Front Range, I hate to say it, but, I feel like they should have been honest. Its been 8 weeks and I have a maybe next week. It says 4-6 weeks on my invoice.

Eddyj said:
Winching = admitting defeat
In MERICA we don't surrender!

Maybe so but if not for winching, I might still be sitting on the side of some mountain somewhere molaugh

Same issue with vendor.... ordered motor mounts Monday am,they are west coast. Thinking they would ship same day due to early order..... nope.
Wednesday I get a shipping notice, I asked they said that usually doesn't happen but due to weekend orders mine got pushed back.
Issue is needed them to install this weekend due to work trips next week.

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts

ForMud said:
I always book first or last of the day.

clutchee said:
Same issue with vendor.... ordered motor mounts Monday am,they are west coast. Thinking they would ship same day due to early order..... nope.
Wednesday I get a shipping notice, I asked they said that usually doesn't happen but due to weekend orders mine got pushed back.
Issue is needed them to install this weekend due to work trips next week.

Working in shipping, ordering something one day and it not shipping until 2 business days later is really nothing to complain about imo. If it was critical for furthering a build, I would have called the order in and requested overnight shipping, or selected overnight shipping if given the option while placing order online, or even 2 day shipping. If you ordered it on a Monday and it didn't ship out until the following week, in that case I'd say you had room to complain, but 2 business days really isn't out of the ordinary. I personally would never expect or depend on same day shipping on a casually ordered part from any vendor without some sort of extra communication or written garauntee on their website or something.

dwa2469 said:
Maybe so but if not for winching, I might still be sitting on the side of some mountain somewhere molaugh

No hate for winches, I'm just publicly trolling a French web wheeler...

tonybolton said:
I remember making appt's at the Vet place....used to piss me off. I'd make an appt. for 3pm, show up at 2:30 and would SIT....and SIT....AND SIT....average getting helped time was usually 30-45min AFTER my appt. After dealing with this a few times I asked why I even need to schedule an appt. if I'm not gonna be helped AT my appt. time?!??!?!

Was told that "that's just how it is". Switched Vets.....got seen USUALLY 5-10min before my appt. times. Some place just can't do time management as well as others.
Not just Vets. Our kids previous pediatrician's office was always atleast 30 min behind if they didn't forget you were waiting all together. Dr & nurses were great but office staff sucked. We switched to a family Dr that has their **** together. They are closed an hr for lunch and won't let you book a 1pm appt if you don't submit needed paperwork beforehand.

Eddyj said:
Winching = admitting defeat
In MERICA we don€™t surrender!
I would still be sitting in Tellico if not for winching, I wish I hadn't pulled cable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk