• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

People that show up 10 seconds before work EVERY ****ING DAY piss me off when they try to use "traffic" as an excuse for being late to clock in.... 'Merica....

tonybolton said:
People that show up 10 seconds before work EVERY ****ING DAY piss me off when they try to use "traffic" as an excuse for being late to clock in.... 'Merica....

Early is on time......On time is late......Late is unacceptable.

Words to live by.

I leave for work everyday at 5:00 ( 4:50 if I need to stop for gas ) I'm at work 10 - 5 min early......Been doing that for the last 30 years.

ForMud said:

Words to live by.

I leave for work everyday at 5:00 ( 4:50 if I need to stop for gas ) I'm at work 10 - 5 min early......Been doing that for the last 30 years.
Did you watch blacklist last night cause that was a exact line from that hit man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonybolton said:

I am never on time. Period. It has never hurt me once. Yet...

ForMud said:

Words to live by.

Pretty much how I roll. Always account for what MIGHT happen. I hate being rushed to do anything.

muddinmetal said:
I am never on time. Period. It has never hurt me once. Yet...

If you had to work and make money like the rest of us.....you might have a different philosophy. Jus cuz you got it made, paid and in the shade shouldn't effect ethic. ;)

Re:

I usually get to work about 10 min early and sit in the car until 1:56 then walk in, clock in, and walk straight to my office to sit down about 2pm on the dot. Either way, I have to check and follow up on emails the first 15-20 minutes anyways. Might as well be on company time. Lol

I only have roughly a 20 min drive to work now. If I get that new job, it will be roughly 1 hr 15 min drive in the early mornings with little traffic. It will be in EST time zone, whereas I live in CST time zone, so I will lose an hour going to work. Would have to be there at 6am my time, meaning I would have to get up at a minimum of 3:30am every morning in order to eat a quick breakfast before I leave the house.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm on salary, but I still get here 20+min before to run through any red alert emails or address any issues with the building. For the most part I burn out emails through my phone during commercial breaks at home so I don't end up having 47 emails with people not knowing what to do until a decision is made.

I suppose what I was getting at is the lack of taking responsibility for your own actions. When I was on the clock and worked on the floor I would be 10-ish min. early for the most part. A lot of what I'm seeing now is no one is willing to accept fault of their own bad decisions.

This one usually comes up around winter / snow / ice days. We have a 10 point system. You reach 10 points, it's termination. You're late, that's 1/2 a point. You're out that's 1 whole point.

So what'll happen is you'll get the "system riders" get up to 7/8/9 points with frivolous tardys for 1-3 minutes late with a few Friday / Monday call outs. Doesn't take much for points to accumulate in a ROLLING calendar year. So they'll be at 9 points within the first 3 or 4 months of the year....

So then one day their 500$ car won't start in the morning that they've been having to get jumped at work a few times and they're late / can't get to work. Boom. You're done. So the first thing they do is say "You're firing me cuz my car wouldn't start?!?!!? THATS HORSESHIT!!!!!"

Sadly, it's the 30-40 year olds that do this....the young bucks jus say **** it and go to their 8th job this year.

Zjman said:
Did you watch blacklist last night cause that was a exact line from that hit man

Never heard of that show ( Had to google it just to see what you're talking about )

It was beat into me by my first boss many years ago.......Now if I'm running late to anything ( Or even think I'm going to be late ) my stomach starts to knot up.

ForMud said:
It was beat into me by my first boss many years ago.......Now if I'm running late to anything ( Or even think I'm going to be late ) my stomach starts to knot up.

Again....I'm right with ya!!!

Working for a Japanese company, they also see that as a severe sign of disrespect.

Other signs of disrespect....

Completely finishing your plate. You must leave SOME food on it otherwise it's perceived as they did not feed you enough.

Same for your drink. Leave a little, or they'll keep filling it back up.

Tipping at restaurants. Offensive. It is their PLEASURE to serve you, the customer should not pay for what the server is grateful for doing.

Note to self; Go drinking in Japan.

I had the same thing happen to me in England when it came to tipping. The bartender just looked at me and asked what the extra money was for, when I told him it was for him he just said "I already get paid" and gave it back.

ForMud said:
Note to self; Go drinking in Japan.

I had the same thing happen to me in England when it came to tipping. The bartender just looked at me and asked what the extra money was for, when I told him it was for him he just said "I already get paid" and gave it back.

That's why I hate going to Sonic.....I don't wanna tip you for walking with food to my car. That's your job.

I can't stand to be late either, when I worked maintenance in factory I worked midnights, I showed up 30 mins early, took 15-20 min power nap and went in to check with previous shift on equipment status, he'll I show up 20 mins early for dr appointments

Zjman said:
I can't stand to be late either, when I worked maintenance in factory I worked midnights, I showed up 30 mins early, took 15-20 min power nap and went in to check with previous shift on equipment status, he'll I show up 20 mins early for dr appointments

you guys are renewing my faith in people....."THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE"! ;)

Zjman said:

I used to love showing up 45 mins early and taking a nap when they sent me out to operate equipment in the field. You'll be wide awake up ready go to work.

Wide awake for work!? **** that....I would rather be half asleep the first 2 hours and get yelled at / treated like a grunt that was prohibiting progress. You know, not providing an actual service for what I'm being paid to do! ;)

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:

Speaking of Dr appts. Older guy I know, he will go hours early for an appt. If he's got a 2p, he'll be there at 9a. Most of the time he's outta there well before his appt time. I guess it works with all the slackers that are late or no shows these days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts