• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re:

In Ohio they'll suspend your license. I've only gotten one and it was on the jeep while it was cut in half. If they have records of it having tags for the year it has to have insurance. I always have it covered just in case who knows what so it wasn't a big deal. But it did make me laugh that I had to show proof on the vehicle that was cut in half and not the 2 I drove everyday.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Random Thoughts

101d9e41b9af4527ac372100b5d57295.jpg

Just talked to the people at the courthouse. They said I will just have to have a proof of insurance, pay for the tag and license ( plus since it was a free tag I will have to pay that amount back ). Then sign a affidavit, saying the car has not been use.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

Proof of insurance for a car not in use. That is government overstepping as usual. They wonder why we hate politicians?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

TacomaJD said:
My gf got one on one of their farm trucks a couple weeks ago. I told her not to worry with it. Do you think any action is legally required?

I ignored the first two on the Solo Buggy. The third letter came with a notice to suspend my drivers license. Had insurance but insured as a 2010 Dune Buggy, title as a 1983 Toyota. They would not change VIN to show 2010. Insurance company said they don't insure 1983 Toyotas, as in sepcialty market. Agent told me not to F with the insurance as he probably could not place it with another carrier with full coverage. So, I told the DMV the vehicle was scrapped and did not get the tag. Insurance company told me they did not care if it had a tag or not.

Re: Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Proof of insurance for a car not in use. That is government overstepping as usual. They wonder why we hate politicians?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
I understand the whole liability insurance deal. But I guarantee they pick who they go after.

Re:

JohnG said:
I ignored the first two on the Solo Buggy. The third letter came with a notice to suspend my drivers license. Had insurance but insured as a 2010 Dune Buggy, title as a 1983 Toyota. They would not change VIN to show 2010. Insurance company said they don't insure 1983 Toyotas, as in sepcialty market. Agent told me not to F with the insurance as he probably could not place it with another carrier with full coverage. So, I told the DMV the vehicle was scrapped and did not get the tag. Insurance company told me they did not care if it had a tag or not.

I told her to bring it over and let me look at it to see exactly what it says. This truck doesn't get drove or used or anything now. Don't need **** on it, tag or insurance. Fawkin commi government.

ROKTOY829 said:
I understand the whole liability insurance deal. But I guarantee they pick who they go after.

I do too understand liability insurance. I have an 80 CJ5 cut in half, a 52 Dodge that got hit by a tornado and a 46 Ford that is in pieces in the yard. Because they are registered, I have to keep insurance on them? No. I will not do it and will have to start paying for a driver I guess. Might have to get me a horse to take the kids to school though. :flipgotcha: gubment :stir:

Re:

So is it the county or state mandates that you have proof of insurance, and for what reason?

I've only had to provide proof of insurance, to an officer, when I was a wreck, or a traffic stop for a violation. Never to any non law enforcement.

Re:

TBItoy said:
So is it the county or state mandates that you have proof of insurance, and for what reason?

I've only had to provide proof of insurance, to an officer, when I was a wreck, or a traffic stop for a violation. Never to any non law enforcement.

Idk, I know you have to provide proof of insurance before you buy a tag in AL (unless you got a hookup at the tag office ;D), but if you stop driving something and don't renew the tag on it, it shouldn't make two damn brown shits to anybody if you have a current liability policy on it. That's completely ridiculous.

TacomaJD said:
Idk, I know you have to provide proof of insurance before you buy a tag in AL (unless you got a hookup at the tag office ;D), but if you stop driving something and don't renew the tag on it, it shouldn't make two damn brown shits to anybody if you have a current liability policy on it. That's completely ridiculous.
Hmmm.... well you can't insure vehicles you don't own, so (in TN at least) you have to register the vehicle in your name ie get a tag, before you get insurance!

Laws R dum

TBItoy said:

It's a state mandate

TBItoy said:
Hmmm.... well you can't insure vehicles you don't own, so (in TN at least) you have to register the vehicle in your name ie get a tag, before you get insurance!

Laws R dum

Not accurate information nick. It's not a state thing. It may be a company policy. I have my rv insured and haven't put it in my name yet had active insurance on it before I laid eyes on it in person. State Farm doesn't care who's name its in. A paid premium is all they care.

pholmann said:
Not accurate information nick. It's not a state thing. It may be a company policy. I have my rv insured and haven't put it in my name yet had active insurance on it before I laid eyes on it in person. State Farm doesn't care who's name its in. A paid premium is all they care.

True. I borrowed my dad's car for awhile a few years back and I carried the insurance on it while it was still in his name...then gave it back, dropped the insurance on it.

Say I buy a truck from you and pay cash, when I go to the tag office to do a title application to send the title off and buy a tag, they won't give me a tag until I show them proof of insurance. Unless my neighbor's wife is working and she always hooks me up with no sales tax like I paid $0 for it and don't care if I show her proof of insurance or not.

Far as I know, you can't go buy a new car and drive it off the lot until you have an insurance rider on it beforehand.

Insurance first, tag second in AL.

The new car deal is the same way in Tennessee. Used they don't give a damn. They'll take your money, give you a tag and let it be your loss of license if you get caught. I've been hit by 2 uninsured motorists now. People with no insurance chaps my ass.

Re: Re: Re:

pholmann said:
I should have prefaced my statement, TN Farm Bureau told me they wouldn't put/cover a vehicle on my policy that wasn't registered to someone named on the policy.

I also live in a county with a pop of 10k, no smog, people drive sxs and ride 4 wheelers everywhere except the state hwy, the county clerk is just happy if anyone comes in to buy tags so they don't ask questions.

Wife got a ticket in my old bronco by a state trooper, list of violations a mile long. I took it to the court house the same day and got new tags and the lady laughed "yeah that new trooper boy sure is making a lot of friends out on the highway, honey now don't you worry bout all these other things just getcher tags up to date and we'll throw out the rest"

I may have a skewed perception of vehicle laws lol

And yeah, new stuff that has a lein, the lienholder requires a full coverage insurance policy. Not sure, bit I'd think if you paid cash for a new car, that the dealer wouldn't care if you got insurance or not when they sent in the paperwork since the title would be coming to you and not a lienholder.....?

Basically, TN doesn't require you to have insurance on a vehicle just because you own it/have/had tags for it.

I would imagine if you paid cash they wouldn't make you show proof before you could leave with it. I don't have that problem. Lol farm bureau is damn good insurance.

pholmann said:
I would imagine if you paid cash they wouldn't make you show proof before you could leave with it. I don't have that problem. Lol farm bureau is damn good insurance.

Farm bureau is the best :tc

86chevota said:
Farm bureau is the best :tc

When the tornado hit Dodson Branch/Fairview area, the local Farm Bureau set up a mobile claims office in a parking lot at the main crossroads where all the damage was, and brought out a BBQ catering service and had Papa Johns pizzas delivered to feed everyone for 2 days while they cleaned up the roads and houses that got destroyed.

Luckily the tornado hit at the end of my road instead of my house so I didn't have to make a claim.

That's why i changed from State Farm because of many stories like this. They do a lot for the community

Latest posts