• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

if it is an understood rule and accepted practice (for many years) to take a bucket or two of fertilizer out of our bulk plant (3000 ton capacity) to help your garden how do you discipline someone who is taking a truckload? This is mainly rhetorical and me just being frustrated :indianajones:

money_pit_yj said:
if it is an understood rule and accepted practice (for many years) to take a bucket or two of fertilizer out of our bulk plant (3000 ton capacity) to help your garden how do you discipline someone who is taking a truckload? This is mainly rhetorical and me just being frustrated :indianajones:

Tell em to take an acceptable amount or everyone will lose their privilege of taking any home at all. If he's loading up a whole truckload of fertilizer on company time, use that as justification.

e used to be able to carry anything home from work that was thrown or gonna be thrown in the dumpsters. Siemens throws a lot of nice stuff away. Like order new office chairs for all offices and conference rooms, oh we don't have anywhere to store the old ones even though they are in good shape, let's just throw them away. All we had to do was get a property pass from a manager and go throw whatever it was we were getting, in our vehicle. Then there got to be one or two people that were dumpster diving entirely too much on company time and managment just put an end to us being able to take home anything. Pissed me off, there is some good stuff to be scored that goes in the trash here.

They have silent auctions every now and then for the more expensive stuff like old work benches, cabinets, tooling, etc., but that's the only chance we have at getting stuff from work now.

HMMMM!
So Ive got a trip that is roughly 60 miles. SOOO at 60 mph. it should take an hour DAD? We should do like 120mph and take half the time! Better yet lets grab a Lambo do like 240mph. and be there now! :rolf:

Re:

Is an AWS TIG welding certification worth a ****? Got a possible opportunity at work TIG'ing stainless steel if I don't get rooted out by seniority, but outside of my work, would this be something worth a **** for finding another well paying job if something ever happened to my current job?

It's a lot more work than sitting at a desk taking selfies. Most of it I've been around you are squirming around **** welding lots of positions. I'm sure there are Jobs where you sit at a table and be bored welding the same **** together all day. The big dust collectors and things I've done are lots of movement and kinda like work. Takes a steady hand and eventually is hard on your parts. That said its an excellent skill to have and if you can get the training and become proficient there is no reason not to. Just being able to pass flat basic test on a coupon does not a welder make though. Depends on how many qualifications they would want you to get

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

June dog said:
With all these $100,000 buggies going up for sale , is " rock bouncing" fizzling out?
Or is it picking up and people are capitalizing on it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

I think it's picking up, and the people with the means to have such rigs tend to get bored easily and like to try the new latest and greatest.

Also, I don't care how many rigs you've built, owned, bought, etc, there is ALWAYS some things you'd like to change about any rig

I think it's picking up as well. The recent trend, as I see it, is once the videos started surfacing on youtube the people with deep pockets bought buggies so they could try out some "full throttle assaults on cable hill" and found it's maybe not for them. I could be wrong but I would think that a bunch of the folks that are selling those high dollar rigs maybe didn't work their way up to them.

Beerj said:
I think it's picking up as well. The recent trend, as I see it, is once the videos started surfacing on youtube the people with deep pockets bought buggies so they could try out some "full throttle assaults on cable hill" and found it's maybe not for them. I could be wrong but I would think that a bunch of the folks that are selling those high dollar rigs maybe didn't work their way up to them.

I've seen at parks where a rich guy, new to the sport has a Jimmy Smith rig and a high hp motor, and flat out scared to death of it. I believe you are correct, John.

Beerj said:
I have said this for years. People see the videos and say "**** they just holding it on the floor I can do that." Drop 50-60k in one and they are scared to death of it and sell it after one ride.

I tell ya what. After wheeling waay underpowered rigs for the better part of a decade and having to methodically pick and choose every line, I would absolutely love it. I think the guys who had to learn how to actually drive a rig 1st before working up to one are the ones that are the best at it.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

smbroady82 said:
I tell ya what. After wheeling waay underpowered rigs for the better part of a decade and having to methodically pick and choose every line, I would absolutely love it. I think the guys who had to learn how to actually drive a rig 1st before working up to one are the ones that are the best at it.
That's how it works in most sports.

I started out racing 4cyl hondas in autocross/open track solo racing.

The low powered junk punishes you quite noticeable when you blow the racing line. It forces you to drive 10/10ths.

Same situation goes for race tires/slicks. Learning to drive on street tires forces you to find the line.....race tires just mask errors (to an extent)

0d778e6df2189f683d3c1e3fa19afa5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
This is the reason I am still the most underpowered rig. I would rather drive my **** and not break anyday. I ran yota stuff for years and had to learn how to "make" it go

I have a yota rig on 37's and I kind of like the fact that there are more than a few spots in the park that are challenging. Don't get me wrong I would drive a high dollar buggy if I could, some day maybe.

Latest posts