• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
More history interests. Been watching Unearthed on Science channel where they disect ancient structures. Mayan temples/ruins and the Egyptian pyramids are things that have always amazed me. Just learned they found an entire boat buried in pieces with one of the pharos that he was supposed to assemble and use in the afterlife. All the engineering in the pyramids is insane.

We may do a cruise to Cozumel for our honeymoon, if we do, I'm tempted to do a Yucatan excursion and go see the Mayan ruins.
Have you heard about all the Sphinx shows signs of water erosion and that the only way that's possible is if it pre-dates what we believed to be the beginning of modern civilization? They're thinking that about 13k years ago the earth was hit by an asteroid that caused a flood that is hard to even imagine and wiped most everything out and that if it were to happen today and enough people on the earth were able to survive and reproduce to begin a new society that the only evidence of our existence thousands of years from now would be stories passed down and stuff that couldn't be destroyed by natural disaster like Mt. Rushmore.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

There's a few Joe Rogan podcasts with Randal Carlson and some with a guy named Graham Hancock that explain all that stuff much gooder than I can.

Re: Random Thoughts

I love all that HISTORY and H2 shows......the engineering parts of it mostly, not the ghosts and paranormal crap. Some of the Alien stuff is cool too.

I know it's just a TV show, but they present alota facts that I'm sure have alota Bible thumpers scratching their heads on some things. And no I don't wanna go down a religion argument path....believe what you want, it doesn't bother me.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

tonybolton said:
I love all that HISTORY and H2 shows......the engineering parts of it mostly, not the ghosts and paranormal crap. Some of the Alien stuff is cool too.

I know it's just a TV show, but they present alota facts that I'm sure have alota Bible thumpers scratching their heads on some things. And no I don't wanna go down a religion argument path....believe what you want, it doesn't bother me.
I will agree with all of that. Space intrigues me more than anything. We are such a tiny grain of sand on the interstellar beach. There's so much complex **** out there that we don't even understand and the vastness of space is totally mind blowing. Why are we here? There's so many other solar systems and galaxies out there, it's almost a given that there are other forms of life out there. Why is the universe so damn big? How did so many species get started on Earth? How were the Mayans so intelligent in astronomy? Why, why, why? So many questions. Lol

Re:

The idea that the technology exist for us to redirect comets and asteroids that could collide with earth and kill us all but we spend all our money investing in ways to blow sumbitches up across the globe instead is pretty fascinating.

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
The idea that the technology exist for us to redirect comets and asteroids that could collide with earth and kill us all but we spend all our money investing in ways to blow sumbitches up across the globe instead is pretty fascinating.

That is a fact. It's like the grown up version of pre-school.

As to good history shows. Legond and Lies on Fox News is real good on the Revolutionary War. Entertaining also.

tonybolton said:

There's some doofus at my work that has nearly $100,000 in ghost hunting equipment. CONFIRMED. ::)

tonybolton said:

Did I hear Bible thumper?? ;D I am not sure what the Bible says bout aliens but I do know there are a lot of theories as to how old the earth is and how long we have been here and how we got here, and the only real consistency comes from the faith based science community. Secular science has a bunch of "facts", but many of their facts contradict each other which means one of them is not a fact or they are both dead wrong. I know what I believe, but I am in no way shape or form educated enough to argue biblical views on creation versus modern science. I just don't think it is worth arguing over when nobody really knows. Thats all I got to say about that.

On a slightly grosser note, what possesses someone not to clean up the bathroom after they have an Oring let go and miss the toilet? :dunno:

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

TacomaJD said:
I will agree with all of that. Space intrigues me more than anything. We are such a tiny grain of sand on the interstellar beach. There's so much complex **** out there that we don't even understand and the vastness of space is totally mind blowing. Why are we here? There's so many other solar systems and galaxies out there, it's almost a given that there are other forms of life out there. Why is the universe so damn big? How did so many species get started on Earth? How were the Mayans so intelligent in astronomy? Why, why, why? So many questions. Lol
Two things recently made me feel small as an ant!!! The giant red woods, walking around under them was like being a midget! Also camping on the rubicon, there are no lights anywhere near there looking up you could not see a place in the sky where there wasn't a star! Literally looking into the dark sky made you feel like you needed to squint your eyes!

Having solar panels has made me check the weather more. Though I appreciate and know we need the rain, I prefer it not to last all day now. Better yet, rain at night so it can soak into the ground and the sunlight can soak into my little black circles.

If I have to work in an office for 8+ hours a day, it'd be really nice to have a/c. If I'm outside or in the garage, I'm ok sweating but man it sucks to sit and sweat in my khakis and polo shirt. :flipgotcha: