• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rough Country suspension?

Toddy

Is Rough Country suspension stuff worth a ****? My buddy ordered a leveling kit for his Dodge and nobody want to put it on. One place said anybody but rough Country they will install.

Looking at videos online it's fairly strait forward and about like all the other kits. Is this just a we didn't sale it were not putting it on or shitty product?

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

There are a couple of different styles/designs of the leveling kit for Dodges.....but they all pretty much install the same way.

Sounds to me like they just don't wanna do it...for whatever reason.

Toddy said:
Is Rough Country suspension stuff worth a ****? My buddy ordered a leveling kit for his Dodge and nobody want to put it on. One place said anybody but rough Country they will install.

Looking at videos online it's fairly strait forward and about like all the other kits. Is this just a we didn't sale it were not putting it on or shitty product?

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Never heard a bad thing about anything made by Rough Country. I have bought some of their stuff and had several buddies run their stuff too. Had a Rough Country 3" suspension lift on my old FJ Cruiser I sold last year. Always seemed like quality stuff. Also put a 3" Rough Country kit on a newer F-150 last year, again no issues.

I've had a few trucks with RC leveling kits or lift kits.. none were difficult to install.. they did ride rough as the name implies though! Their shocks are junk IMO.

I can see where a shop wouldn't install a lift kit they didn't order themselves, but I imagine that would just be a "pride" thing, maybe. But you did say they specifically said "anybody but Rough Country" so who knows.

I have installed several RC lifts including on 2 of my trucks and have had no complaints. They look just like all the others except the logo, color and install just the same.

I put a 6 inch rough country on my brand-new single whell F350 and have no issues whatsoever rides great and pulls a trailer great at any speed :****:

For what its worth they stepped up and gave us a bunch of free schwag when we had Church On the Rocks ride last year. No questions asked. Told us they supported what we were doing and wanted to help.

I'd say they just didn't wanna do it. Almost all the leveling kits for dodges are all basically the same. Just a metal or Polly spacer that bolts in the front . No springs or any mocking parts really

I thought about applying for the mfg engineer position they had/have posted... but then I thought about having to move to Dyersburg molaugh

Bunch of people talking trash about them on Instagram here lately. I don't know what the deal is. The only dealings I've had with them was back in like 2003-2004 ish when I helped my dad put one of their lifts on his bronco.

jeeptj99 said:
Bunch of people talking trash about them on Instagram here lately. I don't know what the deal is. The only dealings I've had with them was back in like 2003-2004 ish when I helped my dad put one of their lifts on his bronco.

For the most part it looks like their product line is mostly "lift kits" , not actual performance suspension.

Of course the current trend is Bypasses on Everything! Tons of mall crawler jks on triple bypass shocks and long arms with fancy flex joints.

I bet you're not instagram cool if you ain't got bypasses.

TBItoy said:
For the most part it looks like their product line is mostly "lift kits" , not actual performance suspension.

Of course the current trend is Bypasses on Everything! Tons of mall crawler jks on triple bypass shocks and long arms with fancy flex joints.

I bet you're not instagram cool if you ain't got bypasses.

I'm not Instagram cool anyway, all I post is random jeep pics and pics of my dog ha.

At the Reid ride a couple weeks ago it was unreal how many jks were on coil overs and the things were spotless and looked like they have never seen the woods at all.

I've installed many of their kits and for the most part they are budget kits but get the job done. The one exception is the rear leafs for XJs. They run short and tech supports answer is to get relocation brackets instead of actually fixing the problem. Their joints aren't great but aren't the worst either. Shocks bring the suck though.