• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardmounting vs poly

snoball

Doing a v8 700r4 in the tj. I'd like some opinions if hardmounting the motor tranny is the way to go. It's a dedicated trail rig so not sure if there are any disadvantages. Thanks

snoball said:
Doing a v8 700r4 in the tj. I'd like some opinions if hardmounting the motor tranny is the way to go. It's a dedicated trail rig so not sure if there are any disadvantages. Thanks
I dont think there are any disadvantages or advantages just a personal preference if you solid mount the motor I do know the trans needs to be solid or it will break bellhousing on the trans vice versa if one is rubber the other needs to be rubber just some of my advice if it means anything to you. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Thanks man. The main problem I've heard of is with jeeps the frame twist causing damage, as the skid and tranny mount try and keep the frame straight. My cage is built into the frame so hopefully I'll be good. Thanks again won't be long! :driving:

I agree that it's mainly preference. If the cage is tied into your frame I wouldnt think you would see any frame flex. My buggy has all solid mounts and so far I like it. For a trail rig it would just be one less thing to wear out. I know of afew rigs that have poly mounts and they haven't had any issues that I know of either. Mainly just what you want.

tbacon38 said:
I dont think there are any disadvantages or advantages just a personal preference if you solid mount the motor I do know the trans needs to be solid or it will break bellhousing on the trans vice versa if one is rubber the other needs to be rubber just some of my advice if it means anything to you. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

yep mine had poly mounts on motor...tranny was hard mounted and transfer case was poly and it broke the tail housing on the tranny completly around....went back with poly on tranny and have not had any issues since then