• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2 seater buggy on 1 tons

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
Update on 12/24/14 with more pics a few posts down

I did a major overhaul of my prior build, so I am posting new pictures (12/24/14). I may add more tube later but was concerned with the cold temps because I still needed to paint it. So time became a factor.
It actually started as a 98 cherokee and I didn't intend on it going this direction. Hindsight is that I should have started from scratch but I gained a lot of necessary experience with this build.

Random specs:
High Pinion Kingpin 60
Sterling 10.25, both with 5.13s
114" wheelbase
66" to the top
Fox 2.5s
Full ram steering
39.5s
17" wheels with weld-on 1/4" TMI rings

Thanks guys! Took about a year of chipping away at it every chance I got. I re-did so many things too, which severely lengthened the time frame. Live and learn.

Dude you got way more patience than I would have to work with that like you did. Looks good man.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Thanks again 8)

Yea, it took patience, but more of that from my girlfriend for putting up with me being at the shop for hundreds of hours. It sure did keep me busy though. Other than the insane amount of labor, I was constantly ordering stuff online, buying tools & supplies, welding gas/wire. Seemed like there would never be a finish line.

CCOR said:
I especially like the color!

Thanks! In certain lighting it almost has a purple tint to it. The color turned out great but it was a pain in the ass to paint because of all the tubing and trying to keep the air hose off of it by myself. Doesn't look like a show quality paint job, that's for sure. ;D
It is clear why powder coating is the way to go.
10154224_10152260940714724_337917896_n.jpg

Thanks man! I trailered it into town the other day to do a few things, and I wanted so bad to hop in it and pick up some food. :driving: It's insured, but that's about it. Ha.