• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stoney lonesome worth a dang??

slytowncrawler2

Do work son
I have heard good and bad things about this park..... We have a crew of about ten, we are planning a ride there soon and can't really get a whole lot of feed back. The smallest tired rig in our group is on 42s......mostly ton jeeps an couple buggys

Just don't wanna pull 5hrs to ride goat trails. But then again I'm not trying to follow the damn tanners neither.
Do they have a good park?? Or should we hit another park??

Super nice facilities, even wi-fi in the campground. The park is evolving into a better 4x4 park as new trails have been cut the last two years. Lots of riding. If they have not updated the map, you will need to see the park manager, Tyler, as the best trails are not yet on the map.

its a great park has lot of trails and crawler hills. perks of the park are a main road system so if u break major parts u can get back fairly easy. I ride a buggy with tons and 44tsls and some of the hills are a bit challenging , some hills have yet to be climbed, also have cabins u can rent if u don't want to tent camp or have a camper, also talk to tyler upon arrival he will direct u toward what u are looking for or even take u to the trails. hope this might help some. ;D ;D

Kel Lawerence (lowbudgetjunk on here) and Tyler (new park manager) have been the biggest contributors to this park's growth. Kel is local to it and may be able to guide you or get someone else there to, if Tyler can't.

Check out these links to see some of the new stuff that's been cut in. Stony has had many changes over the past 2 years.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=29063.0

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=30065.0

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=29725.0

Thanks Jpony. We don't expect anyone to cater to us but I'm gone try an call that Tyler guy an get some input..... At this point we are going to give the park a try. I'll take some good pics...

Tyler doesn't see it as catering. He loves to get out there with folks and is easy going.

Like said above it's got some very hard stuff and some crawling hills. A year ago I would have said no way on taking a buggy up there but they have been doing lots of work and made many changes for the buggy folks.

That looked painful patooyee..... We are planning on coming up the second weekend in March busted knuckle, would like to take you up on that offer... Nice havin someone that knows a place

We got pretty confused trying to get around. The park is changing so quickly that there is no way to keep the map up to date. A guide would have been awesome. Tyler offered to guide us but we felt bad about bothering him so we turned him down. I wish we would have taken him up on his offer. :)

That's what happened to us a windrock... We was just cruising around like a Buncha chickens with our heads cut off... I bought map the second day an done better but still not as good as a local ....

Hopefully Stoney Lonesome and Cartotracks can get together and have a mobile phone map like Hawk Pride. The app works great.

For full on buggies and built rigs you can have a day and a half to two full days of riding if you know where to go. I would help you guys around, but the second week in March is Shamrock Run. I have a lot of stuff to bring and would actually like to attend the auction this year. That being said, never think you are putting Tyler out if he volunteers to show you around. He loves to show folks around and will let you know if it is busy and has to get to another task.

x2 on getting Matt to go out with you. Not only does he know the park pretty well, he usually brings out cameras for those looking to get internet famous.

I'll think on it for a minute and try and get you a list of hills to hit. There have been 5 or 6 added this year that are buggy friendly. One is unclaimed and is pretty freaking dangerous if you ask me. It's called Oregon Trail and has multiple lines that could possibly kill you. Thinking on it....I really need to name the lines something like Typhoid & Cholera. Someone will eventually make these, but not many have the balls or rig to get to them.

Timbukone
Timbuktwo
Hello Kitty
Switchback
RockStar
Youtube
DogLeg
Happy Ending
Ex-Wife
SumTingWong
Yeti Bottoms (both outs)
Bootleg Creek
Rock Creek
Better Not
Square Peg, Round Hole
Stairway to Heaven
Rammer Jammer ???
The no named one we just Cut (I'll find and post a name later)
WooPow
Out of Breath
Tornado Alley
Oregon Trail
Crawl Mama
4.2 40
Vendetta
Gut Buster a&b
Who's your Daddy
Three kings if you want SXSXS race to the top
Lunchtime - alternate ending goes up and to the left
Terrace Hilton
Bobby's World
Gods Gift
Valley Hill
Powder Puff
Bills Hill

Thats all I got right now. Will update later.

lowbudgetjunk said:
For full on buggies and built rigs you can have a day and a half to two full days of riding if you know where to go. I would help you guys around, but the second week in March is Shamrock Run. I have a lot of stuff to bring and would actually like to attend the auction this year. That being said, never think you are putting Tyler out if he volunteers to show you around. He loves to show folks around and will let you know if it is busy and has to get to another task.

x2 on getting Matt to go out with you. Not only does he know the park pretty well, he usually brings out cameras for those looking to get internet famous.

I'll think on it for a minute and try and get you a list of hills to hit. There have been 5 or 6 added this year that are buggy friendly. One is unclaimed and is pretty freaking dangerous if you ask me.

Good news, Shamrock is the third weekend in March :driving: