• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV Axle - Thanks Kraig

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I broke an RCV axle in the rear of the Solo Buggy at the Hardline Grayrock Ride on Cable Hill. I tore it down on Sunday and called them the first part of the next week (March 2-4, 2015). I spoke with Josh and told him I wanted to upgrade the broken axle to the 300m. Said that was not a problem, I would just have to pay the difference ($300). I also have a clicking in one or both joints and wanted them rebuilt ($145 each). He gave me a RGA and I got the axles immediately shipped back. Josh told me there was going to be a 3 week turn around on the axle as it was a custom length. I am in business, and I hate that customer that calls about 3 days after you say 3 weeks, and bugs you to death about it. So, I don't call or follow up, but I set an appointment to call in 3 weeks. Well, Josh calls Friday (March 27, 2015) and goes over everything about my order, everything is perfect. Just like we had talked about 3 weeks ago. Then he says something that catches me off guard. He says, let me check stock on that axle as it is not a standard length. I am thinking WTF. He comes back to the phone and says, nope, not in stock. It will take them 3 weeks to make it. Really? What happened to the previous 3 weeks, those not count. So, I guess I will be down 6 weeks.

That means I will not have it back for the Choccolocco Sign Making Party on (4-11) and the Mash Yur Motor Bash (4-23) and possible the Dirt Riot Race/Ride at Grayrock (May 2).

This is my first time having to deal with RCV, but I expect people to do what they say. I am disappointed in what is known as an excellant company.

Re: RCV Axle - Not Living Up To Time Schedule

I guess he meant 3 weeks from the day you call to complain you didn't get your axles in the time frame promised!! :wtflol:

Did I miss the thread where 38 special isn't working??

I've never dealt with RCV but based off my few experiences with businesses in the 4 wheeling world, every single time that something has had to be made they are ALWAYS late. I dont even know what "on time" means anymore. Can't even tell them I have the cash to pay for it today to get them to go any faster.

I get that in the custom world stuff happens that pushed dates back but at least have the courtesy to call me and let me know what's going on and why.

I look at waiting on parts like trying to figure out how much building a buggy is going to cost. Take the amount/time they say and double it.

I have notified hopefully the right people about this! That's not the service they are known for! Hopefully this will be fixed soon

I hate to hear this. I am a nobody in the wheeling world and they have taken great care of me with my little Dana44 axle problems. I've broken 3 and they are always on time with the delivery and they are very accommodating. It did take extra time to build me a 300M short side shaft after the second break.

Kraig just called me. They are going to step up the delivery. I should have them the first part of next week. Great talking to him on the phone. It is great to have such a good vendor as part of the Hardline family.

Thanks for the assistance.

al1tonyota said:
I have notified hopefully the right people about this! That's not the service they are known for! Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Thanks, they just got with me should be handled.

AW10 said:
Did I miss the thread where 38 special isn't working??

It is working, but a lot of the time, I want to wheel harder and I am willing to wheel it. But, nice to have a backup.

Not posting to make excuses, just wanted to make it right.
Please do not hesitate to call us if there is a problem, we aim to please.
815-877-7473

I have had 0 problems with RCV. They are prolly the best people in the offroad industry I have ever delt with! :****:

My Exploder has RCVs. Thread had me worried, but glad to see the reputation stand as top notch like I had previously thought. Way to go, Kraig. :dblthumb:

I am hoping I dont fall into the same category John :dunno: I do not want to make an speculation but Josh told me the same exact thing on my 300m 14 bolt shaft. 3 weeks out to be built. I can honestly say since I have had mine Inhave always dealt with Kraig until now and he has taken superb care of me. One time I had to buy a Standard chromoly instead of 300m because of a delay but even then he cut me a deal I could not pass to have a spare sonit was a win in my book. I will be updating this soon and hope to have great news for everyone.

Maybe Kraig has these stock piled at the house?? Only kidding. Mine is a completely stock length 14 bolt but 300m double splined shaft.

I wont say I missed the last srrs because of this but it sure made my mind up not to register.

5BrothersFabrication said:
My Exploder has RCVs. Thread had me worried, but glad to see the reputation stand as top notch like I had previously thought. Way to go, Kraig. :dblthumb:

I don't think they warranty rust from lack of use. :flipoff1: :rolf:

Shocked to hear this RCV is usually on the ball. Kraig is who you always need to talk to IMO.

Latest posts