• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SLOWWW TJ build

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
Okay, got this tj in like August.
Somewhere along the way, having a job that likes 12 hour days, a race in disney and prepping 3 rigs for the race and a house that needed gutting half of and rebuilding got in the way.
Stock tj with a chebby 60 front/14 rear, lockers both, airs off MattO's rig on it, 44 tsls on hummers
Currently I'm pretty much done with the layout on the upper links. At full stuff the front end is just in front of the front damper, and stuffs pretty much to the frame. 12* on each upper and 18* on each lower. I triangulate the lowers in because when you mount links on the bottom of a jeep frame, your tires are in the lower links at about 28* steering. gay. with this setup the tires hit the frame at the same time as the links. 2 piece front shaft with 1410's, links are 3/8" wall DOM with Johnny's at the frame and the same thing as a johnny with no shank at the axle.
the ram mount

the upper link mount
100_2714.jpg

lower link bridge. the tabs hanging off the back are for the skid plate to bolt to. there are slots cut in the back of the crossmember that they drop into instead of just being welded on the surface for more shear strength.
100_2715.jpg

100_2716.jpg

100_2717.jpg

steering hoop
100_2713.jpg

a shot fo the uppers headed forward at ride height. they stuff up till they hit the curve in the motor mount gusset. I feel they will get moved in 1/2" and down 1" before done, its whatever clears the front 2 piece shaft.
100_2723.jpg

what it came to my house with on the frame, it was started by another guy in KC that is buddies with Ryan (tealJvl)
100_2718.jpg

100_2720.jpg

other old mounts
100_2721.jpg

welds on the link bungs. I obviously have to gouge all these and reweld.
100_2719.jpg

Frame is getting chopped again right in front of this to run the airs up into the tub. its getting dove'd at the same time quite a bit to make room for a big tsl stuffing from a crazy low ride height.
100_2722.jpg

Holy balls... have you been using fresh plate on this build !!! :eek:

:flipoff1: Looks good from what I can make of it ! Your pics skillz suck worse then mine bro ! laughing1

cut off all the rest of the old link mounts just now. Its ****ing COLD out there.
what do you mean new plate. its hard to find rusty pieces of 5'x10' sheet metal. ****ing hurts though, a 1/4" in that size and a 3/16" in a 4x8 was like $620. ouch.

Going to go clean the frame and knock out the rear link crossmember now. thinking about making it bolt in as well, I hate pulling a tcase with a cmember in and you can do it without taking the engine loose.

that crossmember is beefy! Lookin' good so far! Ryan was trying to describe it and I was kinda confused.. I see why he was so excited about it though!! thumb.gif

This thang is gonna be blang blang!

I can tell YA I 'm fired up to find someone that was willing to take the TJ on and Rock that ****. Kelly CAN be alittle scatter brained at times, but when he's building he's like a pitbull on crack. its impressive to watch him work :eek: Anyway looking forward to see the finish product...

TealJ VL said:
I can tell YA I 'm fired up to find someone that was willing to take the TJ on and Rock that ****. Kelly CAN be alittle scatter brained at times, but when he's building he's like a pitbull on crack. its impressive to watch him work :eek: Anyway looking forward to see the finish product...

Is it hard to talk wit kelly's cawk in yer mouf? :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

TealJ VL said:

NutSwinger.jpg

hahahah
yeah, ryan has one part right. I'm scatter brained as fawk. I need some meds or something. I lose my ****ing glasses on my face, all 10 of the tapes in the shop will dissappear withing mere seconds, I'll walk to the other room in the shop, get there, wonder what I'm doing there, and walk back.
Oh well, its still just a hobby laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
hahahah
yeah, ryan has one part right. I'm scatter brained as fawk. I need some meds or something. I lose my ****ing glasses on my face, all 10 of the tapes in the shop will dissappear withing mere seconds, I'll walk to the other room in the shop, get there, wonder what I'm doing there, and walk back.
That's me everyday, anywhere I go man! I know the feeling. Took me 3 hours yesterday to move 4 boxes of **** from the garage to the basement. molaugh

blacksheep10 said:
hahahah

You're not the only one. I looked for my safety glasses the other day for about ten minutes and then realized they were on top of my hat! :spin:
But I hardly ever wear a hat so I was kinda threw off anyway. ;D

he's got alot on his plate so being scatter brained is a side effect. But theres nothing that puts a smile on my face and his than PUDDING FARTS. Although Peanut butter farts are pretty good. Enjoy http://www.peanutbutterfarts.com its so not right butt I can't look away...

Dood smearing peanut butter and covering up the starfish was enough for me... who the hell think's of that **** ! laughing1 Good Lord man, so that's the same chick as the pudding farts or whatever. I wonder if they are actually making any kind of money on that type of **** or what ? What's her motivation , has she tried other household goods like Jelly, Mayo, Relish, Ranch, Thousand Island, etc....

WTF Al Gore, WTF....

OK, That thousand Island idea made me laugh out loud. I think THAT is her Motivation she working up to the Thousand Island.... **** man you cant just start with it, Thats some **** you end with.... thumb.gif yummy :eat: whats next? :popcorn: Wait did you watch all of the Pudding farts, What did you think of her LOVE NUGGET?

TealJ VL said:
OK, That thousand Island idea made me laugh out loud. I think THAT is her Motivation she working up to the Thousand Island.... **** man you cant just start with it, Thats some **** you end with.... thumb.gif yummy :eat: whats next? :popcorn: Wait did you watch all of the Pudding farts, What did you think of her LOVE NUGGET?

your build is being taken over by fart videos.. NICE!