• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'09 EOR buggy

traveler said:
thats a cool carrier bearing set up where can i get one?

Those are stock Chevrolet, ask any chevy man. They're built for real
horsepower ;D

It's almost ready for me to take home and start the finish work. We added another roof spreader, I think it looks more complete. All that is left is a rolled dash bar and some finish welding.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I've started mocking up the firewall and floor. I'm using a scatter shield and flywheel shield as a base for the tunnel. I'm trying to decide if I want to make all the panels removable or weld some of them in. I'm leaning more and more towards welding in most of it and using panels to access the drivetrain and suspension. I like the idea of a solid firewall and I'm leaning away from bolted in panels due to noise. What is the consensus on weld in or bolt in?

These are the only pictures I got before the camera died.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Progress has been SLOW! Work has been crazy lately and I can't find time to work on it. The sheet metal work is coming along. I also got the hood rough cut and set on it, it still needs to be trimmed to come down an inch or two in the back and 2-3" in the front.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I got the passenger side done and the cable shifters for the Atlas mounted.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I have never used the cable shifters before, is this too much of a bend for them to work properly? I tried adjusting them Saturday and ran out of patience. The instructions should have in big bold letter to shift both rail in to low before you start, not mention it in passing at the end.

standard.jpg

Progress has been slow but the engine has been cleaned up, new gaskets, it has been plumbed, harness installed and everything is buttoned up as far as sensors and accessories go. The steering is plumbed. The fuel system is done. The interior is close. Now it's down to wiring, exhaust and panels.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It looks incredible. Can't wait to see it at the starting line of a race! booyang

I'm ready to help wiring, let's not have to change the title of this thread to "'10 EOR buggy"!

Looking good. I was talking to a guy on those Walbro 255 Pumps. He said if you don't use the insulating wrap on them they will not last as long. I am running the same one and thought I would share this.

out_wheelin said:
It looks incredible. Can't wait to see it at the starting line of a race! booyang

I'm ready to help wiring, let's not have to change the title of this thread to "'10 EOR buggy"!

This thing will be nowhere near anything remotely referred to as a "race". I have no interest in destroying something I put so much time, money and effort in to. And I have ZERO interest in ruining an trail rig to make it legal for racing standards.

The wiring starts this weekend. It's really really close to running/driving, it will be on a trail 95% complete in '09.

Latest posts