• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'09 EOR buggy

caglezxj said:
Looking good. I was talking to a guy on those Walbro 255 Pumps. He said if you don't use the insulating wrap on them they will not last as long. I am running the same one and thought I would share this.

The pump has rubber strips between it and the mounts, are you referring to something more when you say insulating wrap?

Yeah, mine came with the insulating sleeve. It has to do with the heat build up or something. Rocky at Wide Open Design can tell you all about it. They only ones he has replaced did not have the wrap that came with them on it. Pretty much like pipe wrap. I thought it was for vibrating issues but he said it will make them last longer due to the heat build up.

Tomahawk said:
Any new updates on this build? :popcorn:

The site work business (like everything else) has been slow and I've been putting in long hours trying to find my company new work so the buggy been sitting for 2-3 months now. I just haven't had time to work on it. I am however in the process of ordering the last round of parts and will start finishing up what work I can do in the next couple weeks If all goes well the buggy will be back at EOR first of February to be completed. Despite my best efforts this thing is going to turn in to a year long project.

It's ALIVE!

Drove it out of the shop on it's own power this weekend.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

All that's left is getting the brakes bled, exhaust, getting the spring rates figured out and springs ordered, mounting the hood and grill, harnesses, headlights, taillights, some additional tube work, and it will be ready to ride.

Looking sweet! Loving the interior lines - clean..

How close to ride height is it in the pics? When I see you climb in, should I call you Bo or Luke Duke?

can't wait to see it on the rocks!

It's at the exhaust shop now. It still needs springs and some odds and ends buttoned up and it will be ready for a shake down.

Getting in and out of it isn't that bad really. I just need to loose some weight to fit in it better.

After letting it sit for two years I finally tore it down and had it powdercoated. Here is the color. Still undecided on the skins and hood, leaning flat black. Reassembly is well under way.

standard.jpg

I can't say anything, because I been working on my buggy for almost 2 yrs. Looks like your in the home stretch. Keep up the good work. :dblthumb:

Finally done with the buggy. Jimmy and crew at EOR did an awesome job finishing the hood and panels.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The color shows up yellow in pictures but it is actually orange. It's the new Jeep JK "dozer orange".