• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1:47 a.m. Wake up call

This

Attachments

• 20170529_172345.jpg
    20170529_172345.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 125
Orgional rossi coach gun. 18 1/2 " barrels with 3 in 00 buck and tac light. With a few spares just in case I get pined down. Hammers back.......pull triggers. No matter what happens I have to rebuild the house.

Look into thumb print safes that hook to side of bed or night stand the closer to you the better

A lot of great information here and only you can make that final decision and live by it. My personal choice is a S&W .357 Magnum revolver. I keep one chamber empty, the next two have .38 snake shot followed by 3 hollow points. The snake shot is to slow the intruder down in the dark with a wide spray pattern, and the hollow points are too make sure they don't get back up. You've got a much greater chance of at least hitting the target in the dark with the snake shot than with just a single bullet. But first, education education education and then some more education. Wife, kids, family members need to know why you have it and realize you have it to protect them in case something happens. Just my opinion

ADMINISTRATOR

Re:

Short 12g pump. With $5 ebay light and rock out. Bird or buck shot depending on kids bedroom in the house.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you're not going to carry it every day get a full size. Easier to shoot than a small sub compact pistol. Plus more rounds and more accurate. Shotguns can be hard to clear tight hallways and corners.

Re:

Shooting inside your house, unless you live in a mansion, anything coming out of a 12ga is gonna cut someone down.

Look at turkey hunting shotguns also if you don't want a "tactical" looking black shotgun.

Every single one of you have been extremely helpful. We went to rural king today and checked out some shotguns. I am leaning towards a mossberg model 88 security 12 gauge. On sale for $199 right now.

Kerry, it is an adt unit with alarms on the doors. So once the alarm is set if a door gets opened it starts beeping and faster until it goes off unless you shut it off first. The door that went off was a sliding glass door. The house is 16 years old. It had the alarm system installed when we moved in 5 1/2 years ago. It very well could have been a false alarm. The door was unlocked. Neighbor kids have been over the last two days and the kids went in and out of it at some point. I am kicking myself for not double checking. Who knows what actually happened but it definitly got me thinking.

Re:

TBItoy said:
Shooting inside your house, unless you live in a mansion, anything coming out of a 12ga is gonna cut someone down.

Look at turkey hunting shotguns also if you don't want a "tactical" looking black shotgun.

Those are way to big to be manuvering around a house. A ar15 is also a good choice for home defense

Re: Re:

jeeptj99 said:
Those are way to big to be manuvering around a house. A ar15 is also a good choice for home defense
Not everyone plans on going all Seal Team 6 with their wife and kids and clearing their house.

My point was New shooters and people that are "scared of guns" tend to be less intimidated about learning to shoot a camo 20" barrel pistol grip hunting tool than than a evil Black rifle or tacticool shotgun.

Re: Re:

jeeptj99 said:
I've cleared rooms in country before and have used shot guns, rifles and pistols. Knowing your own house, all weapons are perfectly fine. Go to a range and get a good instructor and it will make a difference. My favorite course was through the Crucible in WV. Gotta be military or .gov contractor, but it was fun. We also fired projectiles out of cars while doing J turns, 30-45mph and a zig zag course.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

We don't have an alarm system, but I do have a first line of defense. 2 GSD's, that will alert me to any mischief and slow down if not stop/deter the perp al together. I do have a shot gun with buck shot loaded in case I need it. I don't like the idea of an AR for home defense due to the possibility of shooting through walls and getting a friendly. I keep one in the chamber, cause if I need the gun, it's too late for a "rack the slide sound" warning!! You only get a warning shot if I miss the first time!
9fa74f40f2c51e93a24fe05b0959181a.jpg

e129020a7f51a3b52456ff8027128fef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine. Excuse the towel in the picture but all I do is wrap it in the towel and slide it under the bed on my side. Still easy to access and keeps dust bunnies off it while its there. Simple, inexpensive and peace of mind. Hope to never use it but it's there. And if ever needed all I have to do is take pistol grip off and put the factory stock back on it again and use it for something else.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    632.8 KB · Views: 107
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Don't be so afraid of your kids seeing the gun. Get it out around them, take them shooting and get them familiar with it. A curious kid around guns is dangerous, an educated kid around guns is a much safer idea.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

the only advice a friend gave me while discussing home defence and non-lethal rounds (birdshot, etc) is be sure there is only one story to tell the judge. don't get sued and wind up in jail trying to save some **** bag's life.

rajincajingt said:
the only advice a friend gave me while discussing home defence and non-lethal rounds (birdshot, etc) is be sure there is only one story to tell the judge. don't get sued and wind up in jail trying to save some **** bag's life.

truth!