• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 Ton YJ Build

It was a concern of mine at first, but unless I was to run a tube rear cross member its hard to avoid. Both of Sams rigs and Nuzzys CJ are setup similar and dont have too much of a problem. If its an issue it can always be redone. Build and learn.

Jonathan your new goodies is sitting at my work bought and paid for:awesomework:

kinda forgot to put it in my truck though will do that tomorow lol

i best see some progress this weekend with these new gems,

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:

The big brown santa brought me my wheels on friday...17" allied beadlocks. I was surprised how easily they went together, just a pain in the ass tightening all the bolts multiple times.

a-22.jpg

If I would have listened to Brad I would have just cut the tub off behind the seats but I like the look of comp cut YJs so I decided I would keep the ass end of the tub. To keep it from getting totally ****ed I got some corners from PSC...

a-23.jpg

a-24.jpg

Then I got some time to work on the rear end. New bearings and seals on the FF hubs and Sam hooked me up with the 3/4 ton chevy rotors and calipers I used to convert the rear to disks. I'm finding out this rear end is older than I first thought as the inner bearing and wheel studs I bought were wrong.

a-26.jpg

a-27.jpg

To get rid of the stupid stock Ford spindle nuts I changed it over to the style used on chevy front axles.

a-25.jpg

I would have dovetailed the rear...adding weight to save sheetmetal is counterproductive, but it it still looks :cool:

I love the way the weld on caliper mounts line right up with the existing flange/surface on the FF stuff, makes setup easy :redneck:

i like that comp cut looks really awesome!

You didnt have any problems with the calipers and disc's because it ended up being a diffrent year did ya?

I would have dovetailed the rear...adding weight to save sheetmetal is counterproductive, but it it still looks :cool:

I love the way the weld on caliper mounts line right up with the existing flange/surface on the FF stuff, makes setup easy :redneck:

I thought about he dovetail for awhile but the way my cage runs into the tub it was gonne be a PITA. Oh well in the big picture its a small amount of weight that was added.

i like that comp cut looks really awesome!

You didnt have any problems with the calipers and disc's because it ended up being a diffrent year did ya?

Nope. What year did it end up being? Didnt I tell ya 77? They were all the same for alot of years

Latest posts