• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12 ton tube bender

I used that bender to make my bumpers from 1-1/4" sch 80 steel pipe.
To keep it from kinking you need to pack the tube with sand and tape it shut.
228.jpg

bronko is right...If you pack the tube or pipe if you will full of sand it will make a much nicer bend. I built several cages with one of them:redneck:

Bronko69er and Grommit327. Thanks for the info and not giving me a bunch of crap.

If you were interested in getting a bunch of crap, I'd have teased you about the JB in the pic.

On a more serious note, there are a lot of folks here with nice benders who'd probably have bent anything you needed for free, or nearly free, if you'd buy the steel.

If you were interested in getting a bunch of crap, I'd have teased you about the JB in the pic.

On a more serious note, there are a lot of folks here with nice benders who'd probably have bent anything you needed for free, or nearly free, if you'd buy the steel.

I actually use the JB for little plastic stuff.

Expandable freeze plugs work really well to keep the sand tight and compacted inside the pipe. That is exactly the same bender we used on my cage, its not perfect but it has saved my ass more than a few times. Run it!:awesomework:

Expandable freeze plugs work really well to keep the sand tight and compacted inside the pipe. That is exactly the same bender we used on my cage, its not perfect but it has saved my ass more than a few times. Run it!:awesomework:

BAhhhhhh damn rednecks and there crazy ideaarss! :flipoff:

and where near Redmond would I find this person? welding also needed on a SSD/retired budget...

and where near Redmond would I find this person? welding also needed on a SSD/retired budget...

I wrote that first passage. And yes, I've got a bender and dies for 1.5 and 1.75. I'm in Port Orchard. And I'd gladly help someone, or allow them to help themselfs.

But beyond myself, there are dozens of benders on this board, most of whom have much more experience bending than I. Hell, I didn't even bend up my own cage. I had Pat @ Those Guys Rods & Customs do mine. But I've bent up plenty of stingers, nerf bars, tube fenders, spare tire carriers, and other misc crap.

Im in Redmond behind the Bear Creek Center. 5 years ago I became visually handicapped. I have been a car/truck nut for years and my handicap has not detoured my love for them. I dont get out much in my 2 trucks but when I do I want to have a smile on my face. :bling:
On a SSD budget I cant afford to go to a full blown shop. I had a guy do 4 simple bends for a brushbar and it cost 50.00 for him to do it and it didnt take 15 minuits. I dont mind paying, but I dont like being bent over a stump..:screwdog:

got a buddy of mine that is building a full exo cage out of schedule 40, and that same exact bender! lol I told him....... but he dont listen........ cant wait to see him learn his lesson when the exo fails him on simple flop over :p

Latest posts