• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12 ton tube bender

Kat

Kat Woman, Wheelin superhero!
Had to buy a 12ton tube bender as i was getting tired of thying to straighten out the tie rod on the jeeps here with a winch and strap with telephone pole in front.

It one of the ones from Harbour freight, would it be good enought to make some sliders and roll protection for RubyDoo?

Yes, But bend real slow and use lots of lube. THey are known as pipe kinkers. I wouldnt use it for a cage, but simple rocksliders sure. I wouldnt even buy tube. go to lowes and buy some gas pipe material. Much cheaper :awesomework:

Depending on how tight you can get the bends and what type of material you use, you should be OK. So long as the dies are not the type that will dimple your tube. Got any pics of said tube bender?
For what it's worth,,,bending a tie rod back is just a bandaid. Once it has been bent it will be weakened and be subject to bending easier next time. Prolly not a bad ideal to replace it.

Oh now you have really stepped in it :booo: So let me be the first:haha: what you have is a PIPE bender. Tube wont fit the dies and will kink when you try. Even pipe will get dimples when you bend it. You can use it for sliders and such but I wouldnt for rollbars and such.

"edit" Damn too slow:haha:

DSC00049.jpg

Like Pokey said...wrong type of bender, that one is made for pipe. Pipe is measured from the ID(then scheduled) and tube is measured on the OD and walled.
Please don't make any safety equiptment from pipe.

It will never work never! :rolleyes: better spend a few grand on a tube shark.:awesomework::haha::haha::haha:

If you get away from the internet, it will work fine.:beer:

I've built some stuff with one of those...:fawkdancesmiley:

Works great for sliders and other body protection... Yeah, not as cool as what the tube kids use, but gets the job done...:redneck:

Kat look at Skyhighs this weekend it is 1.5" dom .5 wall we made it. I don't think even he can bend that one