• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12v???

TOPWOP

So iv been looking for a 4x4 tow rig. I found a 1990 dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 cummins with an auto. the truck is all stock. the trany was rebuilt about 80K ago. it has 245K on the truck. he is asking 3500. it has a lot of other new parts. but what you guys think. is it worth it.

I guess it depends on what kind of shape it's in.. Mike G. on here picked one up for a bit less that that and is pretty much the same thing. Although his had an oil leak and the body wasn't the best.

It's got plenty of life left in it. And it's by no means a bad deal if it's in decent shape.

the body is stright. it didnt look to have any leaks. it drove nice for a 20 year old truck. im just not sure about the miles is that high for that motor will it last for a wile whats one cost to rebuld/replace one.

1st Gen's seem to be popping up all over (had a couple go thru our shop recently for prepurchases...); If it's in nice shape like Jeff said---doesn't sound like a bad deal at all...fer a dodge!:fawkdancesmiley:

thanks kev ya i sold that 2wd ford so im looking to replace it with a 4wd diesel. i have found a few fords and dodges i like just need to make sure it will last.

try and find a 5spd 1st gen it'll be worth it just in fuel savings. the 90 does not have an innercooler but they are not to hard to put in.I have a 93 1st gen duelly auto 2wd with 178k on it.

The auto's are awesome when your goin forward. Try to back up a heavy load and they start to get hot. At least mine does.

Latest posts