• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

130 lb Storm pit door lift assist ideas....

What kind of pit are you building? Pics?

Reason I ask is I've been researching shelters for awhile and have yet to find a company or certain one that makes me that "Thats it!"
In April 2014 our house got it by a huge tornado at about 1:30AM and my wife had talked me into going to our neighbors basement 30 mins before it hit. Ended up buying another home and not building one but regret not buying or building a storm shelter here before we ever spent a night in it. I've never been to nervous about storms but after your wife and 1.5 yr old girl are screaming and praying thinking we're fixing to die...I want our ass in as safe a place as possible :****:

Check out traffic rated vault lids. we have set some that you can park a concrete truck on and still open with two fingers.

I initially had planned to go with Great American Storm Shelter out of Bham. They can actually come cut a hole in an existing slab in a garage and place their shelter in the floor 100% ready to use. But with me building a brand new home an already had my block layers on my site I let them build it and poured my walls full of cement. Mine is a 4'x10' x 9' tall. My too will be solid 3/8 steel with a 3x3 door cut in the top. My top should be done today and I'll get some pictures of it

zayne2427 said:
I initially had planned to go with Great American Storm Shelter out of Bham. They can actually come cut a hole in an existing slab in a garage and place their shelter in the floor 100% ready to use. But with me building a brand new home an already had my block layers on my site I let them build it and poured my walls full of cement. Mine is a 4'x10' x 9' tall. My too will be solid 3/8 steel with a 3x3 door cut in the top. My top should be done today and I'll get some pictures of it

We build the same style of shelter in decatur. We use a long stroke hydraulic jack to open the shelter door in the event that debris fall on the shelter and you cant slide it back.

we had our shelter registered in at the local fire department/911 u might look into that just in case everything else failed they would know where to go look.