• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1350 Driveshafts- Sold!

Re: 1350 Driveshafts

Couple questions for you. What size joints are in the longer shafts you made yourself? What diameter tube and wall thicknes is the 1350 CV shaft? Are you leaving 2" of spline engaged in the slip when measuring extended length? To me they look like regular 6" stubs/slips meaning you only get 4" of usable slip. I need a full 6" so a 8" or bigger stub/slip yoke will work. Could you get exact measurements on the compressed and extended lengths, flange surface to u-joint centerline? Will the homemade shafts bolt up to an adapter yoke like HAD or others sell?

I am definitely interested in one of these shafts, just need a little more info to make an informed decision. It's either going to be the 1350 cv shaft by itself or both the homemade shafts together.

Thanks,
Jesse

truck-oholic said:
Couple questions for you. What size joints are in the longer shafts you made yourself? What diameter tube and wall thicknes is the 1350 CV shaft? Are you leaving 2" of spline engaged in the slip when measuring extended length? To me they look like regular 6" stubs/slips meaning you only get 4" of usable slip. I need a full 6" so a 8" or bigger stub/slip yoke will work. Could you get exact measurements on the compressed and extended lengths, flange surface to u-joint centerline? Will the homemade shafts bolt up to an adapter yoke like HAD or others sell?

I am definitely interested in one of these shafts, just need a little more info to make an informed decision.

Thanks,
Jesse

The homemade shafts are regular 1350 on both ends. They have 4" of useable slip. What kind os suspension are you running that you need 6-8 " of slip. Leafsprings? I had 4-link with 16" of shock travel and my d-shaft only moved about 1" from full stuff to full droop.

Neal3000 said:
The homemade shafts are regular 1350 on both ends. They have 4" of useable slip. What kind os suspension are you running that you need 6-8 " of slip. Leafsprings? I had 4-link with 16" of shock travel and my d-shaft only moved about 1" from full stuff to full droop.

Yep, 52" chevy packs. I'm old school like that ;D

So your numbers are compressed to complete pull out or ???? Something is not adding up right.

43 - 35 = 8"
46 - 38 = 8"

Are you saying the CV shafts only have 4" of usable slip, the homemade shafts, or both?

Your right, i have fawked up somewhere here. Let me remeasure in the morning andi'll post up the numbers

Neal3000 said:
Your right, i have fawked up somewhere here. Let me remeasure in the morning andi'll post up the numbers

Alright, sounds good. I messed up crunching the numbers just now too, long day of work. Right now your compressed and extended numbers show 8" of stroke for both the homemade shafts and the Tom Woods shafts. Let me know what your new measurements come out to.

I have family in Atlanta so I could pay you online or via mail and then work out some kind of pickup/drop off with them and get them up to Nashville at a later date.

Neal3000 said:
I've got 4 driveshafts for sale

The first two are CV shafts, i was told when i bought them used from a friend that they are Tom Woods shafts. One of these has 1310 u-joints in the cv and 1350 at the axle end. The other is all 1350. These shafts measure approx 35" compressed and 43 extended. Asking $160 each.

I could be down for the all 1350 Tom woods shaft depending on the out come of the measurements with usable slip.

Numbers updated.

Just an fyi here.....the chances of finding D-shafts that are an exact fit for your build/rig are pretty fawking low. It is really easy to modify the length on these, on the cv shafts you just grind the weld smooth on one end, cut thru the tube all the way around,and then knock the plug out. Cut and reweld to shorten, or to lengthen cut and splce, or cut both plugs out and retube. On the non-cv shafts all you need to do is cut and splice.

Also, typically if you have linked suspension, you only need 1-2" or so of d-shaft travel. I had these (cv on the rear, non-cv on the front) on a 4-linked rig with 16" of shock travel on both ends. The 1310 and one of the non-cv's were my spares.

Well I'm obviously out, need more slip than that, thanks anyway