• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14b or dana 60 front

Thanks for all the great info every one .think I'll go with the 14 bolt. Any suggestions on knuckles ?

I chose the 14 bolt with d60 outers, running the stock d60 inner/outer knuckles untill they break, then I'll upgrade to Reid. Pickup a single wheel d60 as a doner
You can get a d60 for $1000
Aftermarket hubs will cost $500
Aftermarket knuckles will cost $500
Aftermarket inner c's will cost $500
And then you still need all bearings, seal, brakes, ect
So a doner axle should be cheaper and maybe re-coop some cash from left over parts...
Heath day at DAYZ'D FAB in Texarkana, Ar would be glad to hook you up!

traveler said:
so where are you buying dana 80 axles for 100 if you can ill take 20 right now

TBItoy said:
I'd take 2 :****:

Well crap...the guy of a guy of a guy I know only deals with sets of 23. Guess you guys missed out. :drinkers:

Seriously though, do you not see D70's and D80's pop up on Craigslist every now and then....the 70's are cheap, 80's a few bucks more. Most of the time the people selling them don't even know what they are? Last time I was at pull a part pretty sure I saw an 80 under some late 90's Dodge there. If you got the tools and patience to pull it, then at checkout its like 110$....maybe more if you want their "warranty". :p

I've got a Craigslist app on my phone and just put in search alerts like DANA, TON, 80, 70, 60, CRAWLER, etc..... **** pops up all the time. FWIW, I saw one on there a couple weeks ago for 600$(ASKING!). So if you got 2000$ burnin' a whole in your pocket for 20 D80's, you shouldn't have a problem with his "asking" price of 600. ;)

Here was one that looks like the guy just wanted out of his way...make an offer!

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts/4163197753.html
Dana 80 Rear end Axles. LOOK - $1 (Jefferson County)
Came out of Ford F 350 Dually 2003 model Call 865 210 9847 make me a offer

Give Brian Mcbroom a call,he has a newer style 14 bolt housing that has already been retubed with the thick wall pipe just needs c's put on it. All the work was done by Ryan at heman machine 600$ will buy it. Pm me for his number

tonybolton said:
Well crap...the guy of a guy of a guy I know only deals with sets of 23. Guess you guys missed out. :drinkers:

Seriously though, do you not see D70's and D80's pop up on Craigslist every now and then....the 70's are cheap, 80's a few bucks more. Most of the time the people selling them don't even know what they are? Last time I was at pull a part pretty sure I saw an 80 under some late 90's Dodge there. If you got the tools and patience to pull it, then at checkout its like 110$....maybe more if you want their "warranty". :p

I've got a Craigslist app on my phone and just put in search alerts like DANA, TON, 80, 70, 60, CRAWLER, etc..... **** pops up all the time. FWIW, I saw one on there a couple weeks ago for 600$(ASKING!). So if you got 2000$ burnin' a whole in your pocket for 20 D80's, you shouldn't have a problem with his "asking" price of 600. ;)

Here was one that looks like the guy just wanted out of his way...make an offer!600 is a long way from a 100 :gtfo:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts/4163197753.html
Dana 80 Rear end Axles. LOOK - $1 (Jefferson County)
Came out of Ford F 350 Dually 2003 model Call 865 210 9847 make me a offer

Ive got a 14 bolt rear steer newer housing 70 inners stock dana 60 outers with high steer arms would need 1 side retubed 4 front for sale if if interested

jmc said:
Thanks for all the great info every one .think I'll go with the 14 bolt. Any suggestions on knuckles ?
Call EOR and get a set of there new knuckles. Comes inner and outer and has the high steer arm built into the outer. Chevy 60 spindle and stuff bolts too it. I had a set in my hands awhile back and they are flashemifyougotem

Re: Re: 14b or dana 60 front

Well golly dern...I aintz fulla sheet! Yeehaw!

Wait a minute. ..150$? Thats 50% more! Thats a long ways off of 100! ;D8)

yea I have went and looked at a lot of so called 80s on cl they are usually hd70s

Latest posts