• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14bolt question

30th6

I have a Cucv 14bolt that has a slight bend in the tubes. Is all 14bolts the same? Can I swap my gears, locker, diff cover, pinion guard, disk brakes on any 14 bolt housing or is there certain ones I need to stay away from?
What is the normal price to have one retubed and is there anyone around Florence al that does it?

If you can still get axle shafts in it I would just let it ride but to answer your question most are the same just difference I know of are the newer metric and the van are different lengths

I think it would be pretty cool to build a heavy flat plate with some hooks or clevis mounts on the sides to use as a jack base, then you could just chain it to the tubes in "strategic locations" and straighten it safely without even taking the tires off :dblthumb:

A port-a-power with some v-block feet works great with a heavy chain, but most people already own a regular bottle jack.

Last one we bent was smiley faced, put an air over hydraulic jack under the center, chain around ends and under the jack, put a bunch on it, relieved it with a hammer, heated a bit and let it cool, it stayed.
Lots of folks use H beams with hook points and jack points to put it where you want it. I've used a porta power and chain on a front housing and kept taking a couple extra steps back on that one. I kept envisioning my jaw getting torn off.

Wide open design can re-tube.
Look at the 14 bolt bible from billvista.

Not all the info is correct as some newer housings have different length axle shafts. Shafts from a 2000 Chevy 2500 didn't fit my cucv housing although billvista says it should. Both were srw 14 bolts

EDIT!!!! Just noticed this is a very old thread. Thought I'd try out tapatalk and I thought this was a recent thread. Apparently I need to navigate tapatalk a little more. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red94yj said:
Wide open design can re-tube.
Look at the 14 bolt bible from billvista.

Not all the info is correct as some newer housings have different length axle shafts. Shafts from a 2000 Chevy 2500 didn't fit my cucv housing although billvista says it should. Both were srw 14 bolts

EDIT!!!! Just noticed this is a very old thread. Thought I'd try out tapatalk and I thought this was a recent thread. Apparently I need to navigate tapatalk a little more. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that old of a thread and useful information like that is always needed :dblthumb: