• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

17" Beadlocks school me

i will call and check if he still has them thats a great deal for sure i just bought my wheels new and there not cheep thats for sure!! and there better then the TR's :beer:

A cool thing about the KMC wheels is that they have an inner lip that can hold the tire on if there is an issue with the beadlock ring. Smart.:awesomework:

A cool thing about the KMC wheels is that they have an inner lip that can hold the tire on if there is an issue with the beadlock ring. Smart.:awesomework:

They sound pretty sweet thats for sure:awesomework:

Hopefully they have the right backspacing too:awesomework:

So do the TR's and the Walkers.

You want to know why the KMC"s are so thick....because if they were any thinner.....you'd break'em getting off the trailer...the casting is junk.The Walkers are made in China as well but in a different factory with better casting technology.

The TR blanks are made in America for TR by Eagle Wheel...the blanks are shipped to TR(200 @ a time) then hogged out per order(backspace and bolt pettern)...packaged and shiped out.

You want to know why the KMC"s are so thick....because if they were any thinner.....you'd break'em getting off the trailer...the casting is junk.The Walkers are made in China as well but in a different factory with better casting technology.

The TR blanks are made in America for TR by Eagle Wheel...the blanks are shipped to TR(200 @ a time) then hogged out per order(backspace and bolt pettern)...packaged and shiped out.

Hmmmm.....good to know.

I like my TR and Walkers.:cool:

So you prefer the TR's yourself then:corn:

TR - new, cause I wanted 5" BS.....and had $$$ to burn (at the time)

Walkers - used, but had 5" BS that I like.

Mauler likes the Schwabbie "Street Locks". :redneck:

Duh....I wish they made'em in a size to fit my Festy.

although made in China the Walkers are bitchin wheel.....obviously.

When TR makes a custom backspace steel wheel(like $'s winter wheels) we use US made shells from Carlisle,we use US made, pressed steel centers from Carlisle...we hand assemble at TR in Everett, we powdercoat them at Powder Coating Inc..in Mukilteo, we ship'em in boxes made in Kent with US hardware from Champion nut and bolt....etc,etc,etc..........It costs $ to keep things domestic.

If a person has a problem....you can come right to TR and talk to us..ALOT of days..I'll talk to people over the phone(and in person) and help them through mounting their tires,dismounting,backspace questions,application questions etc...

I have only ever had one set of TR's about 4 or 5 years ago and they were the steel's 15-10's and i had real bad luck with them the weld broke off the rim over half the wheel and left me on the trail :booo: but im sure they have came along way sinse then i was looking at buying a set befor i bought the KMC's:awesomework:

Last edited:
I love my TRs. My 15" one's I took my wheels to them and they made them into beadlocks. I have a set of 17" double beadlocksTRs on my buggy I got from S&N And just picked up a set of 17" steel TRs:cool:

Trail Gears wheels are decent. I was real happy with the ones on my ftoy. $299 and free shipping hard to beat.

Running Trail Ready's on the new rig because i wanted a different backspacing.